3 Day streak! I typically quit after 5....

Options
OK. I need to lose 40 pounds, and I tend to get impatient after a week like I am supposed to see 10 pounds a day go away. I know this isn't how it works, but I just get discouraged and take a 'cheat day' that turns into a 'cheat month.' I am sick of it. I am sick of being overweight when I know I can do better. I did a 5 day clean eating challenge group on facebook and I feel like the accountability of it really helped me. I don't know how MFP really works yet, but I'm posting this because I feel like if I put it in writing then I'll feel more accountable for that 40 pounds. Good luck to all on your journey! :)

Replies

• div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! Talked with some great people here! Feel free to add me too
  • HalfOfAsh
    HalfOfAsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Ashley. What types of foods do you crave? Maybe someone has a suggestion for a healthy alternative.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    it's not a cheat unless it makes you go over your calorie defecit for the week

If you have a cheat snack log it and move on sticking to your calorie defecit

If you have a cheat meal log it and move on to sticking to your calorie defecit

Don't ever say well I ate that I might as well stop for the day because today's ruined

Commit, refocus, recommit

You can do it
  • HalfOfAsh
    HalfOfAsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    TBrownCVT--It isn't really cravings, other than plantains and cheese lol. Those are the two things that I could eat all day and be completely happy. It is more of I get discouraged when I feel like I screwed up, then don't exercise because I'm all 'What's the point?' then the next day comes and goes, and I give up like that. Thank y'all. rabbitjb, you just hit my problem right on the head lol. I'm way too hard on myself. :( I am determined this time to stick to it and I love the accountability MFP is offering. It is amazing what one week of eating good and exercise has done so far. I FEEL better, and that is really my short term goal to not be so lethargic and moody.