Hi I'm Sean

Options
seanjones1987
seanjones1987 Posts: 14 Member
edited January 2015 in Getting Started
ok everyone I will combine my getting started and introduce threads because I thinks it's important and linked.

My name is Sean I'm from NJ. I weigh 355 pounds and I completly lost control of my life. I have always been a big boy but since college ended I had a lack of activity(sports) i drastically put on weight. I play a lot of Xbox and eat way too much. I have no activity except work which I started this past year.

Now saying that I have had enough with this lifestyle. I just started going to the gym and record my diet. I am going to start Reduce significantly my sugar intake. I will also change my diet so I am eating a lot better as well as going to the gym.

Goals: loose 100 lbs.
actively participate in MMA
Run a Marathon of some sort(5k,trust ho or something)

Short term goal: loose 25lbs
Return to the gym regularly.
Fix my eating habits

Semi short term goal: loose 50 lbs
Train in MMA and fight in a very small compactly.

Ok all hmu if you have any thoughts or ideas to helps with my goals.

Email-seanjones1987@gmail.com

Replies

• smilingdaisies
    smilingdaisies Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Sean...what a vulnerable introduction; it's admirable. At my heaviest, I weighed 286...I was married 20 years and decided to leave (it obviously wasn't that easy - but none-the-less, I left). I began losing weight due to the LACK of stress in my life. I wasn't trying really because I made a decision to not do anything I wouldn't live with. I was done dieting...it had never worked. I do understand that being smart and making smart choices can be a life change, and should be, but be happy with each successful day. Don't let your happiness be attached to a goal you've yet to attain. I just stress that because I look up and 4 years and over 85 lbs are gone and I'm a different person on all levels. My happiness flourished as I found myself; sounds so cliche' but true.

Anyway...every smart day is a successful day....I just remembered posting on my wall 5 minutes ago a rant because I have been good for 7 days and haven't lost a pound. :) I need my own advice. :wink:
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi Sean. I'm Denise. You go!!!
  • seanjones1987
    seanjones1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I appreciate the encouragement. I just need to stick to this decision