great day...bad day

Options
Why is it that I can be so focused and motivated for about 2 weeks and then out of nowhere start eating out of control. I just joined a group on mfp, I'm hoping that will help keep me on track and accountable!

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP (myfitnesspal) I have days like that too, so I can totally relate. A good (x number of days) one or two realllllly crappy days. I can only say, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. Don't worry about the 'bad' days. They have happened (and for some people WILL happen) Just keep moving forward. Good luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I notice I did that a lot when I first started. After doing a lot of reading I realized my calories were too low and unsustainable. When you have less than 30 pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week tends to be a bit too aggressive.
  • elestrada4
    elestrada4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I've been doing so well all week. My daily weigh ins although minimal amounts lost make me feel like I'm headed in the right direction. But today my self control was lost and not only did i overindulge but I had not one but TWO of those dang irresistible Lindor truffles! I'm feeling bad but trying not to let it get the best of me.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    elestrada4 wrote: »
    I hear ya. I've been doing so well all week. My daily weigh ins although minimal amounts lost make me feel like I'm headed in the right direction. But today my self control was lost and not only did i overindulge but I had not one but TWO of those dang irresistible Lindor truffles! I'm feeling bad but trying not to let it get the best of me.

Were you over your calories or are you just feeling guilty for having something yummy?

Also, fat loss isn't linear. There are a variety of reasons why we can have a perfect week and lose nothing. I know it's frustrating to not see the scale move, but give it time.