Any Shortie women 5'0 -5'2 success stories?

Options
Im looking for motivation/friends from SHORTIES that know the struggle of trying to lose weight. When you're short being heavy is so hard. Im going on week three everday at gym cardio and weights and lost about 6.5 lbs... Goal is 70!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are plenty of threads on this topic so doing a search will give you lots of results. There is even one with pictures.
    I am 5'1 and 100-105lb. Lost 30 lb and have been maintaining about 5-6yr.
    Cheers, h.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello. I am 5ft and 63 years old so a double wammy for me and I am still losing weight. I lost 50lbs to start with, then put a bit back on, so I am now trying to lose it again. It is difficult but not impossible. Just go for it. You will succeed
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft and lost 50lb 2 yrs ago using MFP and now I am back after having 2 babies to do it again!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    59 years old, 5'2", 109lbs down and still working on it!
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and lost 60 pounds a few years ago with a combination of Weight Watchers and MFP to finish the rest. I gained all of that back though so I'm back for round 10,000 but I am currently 35 down with another 60ish to go.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,2 and have lost in total nearly 15 pound. It doesn't sound alot to some people but when your a little over 5 ft it can look like 50 lbs!!
    Got another 15 to go! I train in martial arts and go to the gym, it's been a slow process but I'm glad it's slow so I know I can maintain it and keep going!!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and lost 72.5 pounds a while back (I started at 195 or so). I've gained around 10, but have been able to maintain that weight for years now. I still struggle with food, but feel so much healthier and believe that at some point I will lose that 10 again. (I've been focusing on other things the past few years.) Obviously eating healthy and cardio are super-important, but I also credit weight-lifting for being able to eat as much as I do and still maintain this weight.
  • auntyfreddy
    Options
  • tyas317
    Options
    Nikkkosmom wrote: »
    Im looking for motivation/friends from SHORTIES that know the struggle of trying to lose weight. When you're short being heavy is so hard. Im going on week three everday at gym cardio and weights and lost about 6.5 lbs... Goal is 70!

• tyas317
    Options
    Hi I'm about the same height as you and wanting to lose about 50-60 pounds . I've lost 35 and gained 10 during the holidays . I go to the gym religiously 3/5 times a week im a preschool teacher on my feet daily . You're more than welcome to add me to your friends list
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nikkkosmom wrote: »

Good luck! You CAN do this, though it may be the hardest thing you've ever done - it is for me. Time and monitoring and forgiving yourself for slips and very importantly, understanding WHY you became overweight, and what can you do to redress that? For me it was because of unhappiness that's now over, and also because I have too many hunger genes. I would like to eat 2200 per day, I know I can't. I can't listen to my body on that one.

I lost 40 lb and would like another 20 off - friend me if you like. 5 foot and half an inch! And 41 yrs old.

Before

weekendinCromer078_zpsc0f10f81.jpg

After

088F760C-8540-4C00-A39D-2ED0E133CB47_zps6wd8leif.jpg

Before

3F51AA63-3408-47CE-8294-98D2E4466834_zpsjm4ed4io.jpg

After

0E2604A2-72A5-4480-8005-A79E09480A3E_zpsbw4zxmyf.jpg
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    How do i add you ladies asfriends?
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    click on the piccy and the option comes up. I just sent you a request.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and have lost 40lbs. so far -- 10 more to go. MFP works. I'm 65 years old. I did it by eating in a calorie deficit and moderation. Went from a size 14/16 to my current size 6/8 petite. I lost about 2lbs. per month and though it took some time (one year) it's been totally worth it. My weight loss will slow down now with the last 10lbs. but that's fine, there's no time limit and my health improves daily with exercise.
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and lost nearly 70 pounds in 2008-2009 and have maintained since then.

vvefralh1e1y.jpg

c6htnimusr8x.jpg
  • Nikkkosmom
    Options
    Thats awesome ladies!!
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm 5'0. Started out at 220 and i'm down to 165! I still have another 30-40 to go :)
  • NotJustVictoria
    NotJustVictoria Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 (and a half) and I started at 200 lbs. I'm currently at about 186 - 14 pounds down, yeah! My goal weight is 130-140 lbs.. I don't even remember ever being that small, so I can't commit to one or the other yet. :) My profile picture is my most current side by side of my tummy (problem area). It's a fun, exciting transition when you start to see the results!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11". Started at 120 and I'm now 103-105. I've been maintaining for two months. I lost the weight by sticking to 1400-1600 calories a day and changing a few bad habits. I'm now maintaining without logging, but I know I would have had a lot more trouble losing without counting.
  • shelleyg1975
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'1 and want to loose 24lb of baby weight. I'm really hoping mfp will help me see where I'm going wrong. Like some others said 24lb looks like a lot more on someone as short as me. Feeling pretty depressed :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!