Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

using UP

How does it work? The calories don't match up between the two programs. Am I don't something wrong?

Replies

• By"it" I mean the sync between UP and mfp. They tell me differing calorie amounts for the exercise I've done and differing opinions on valorous left to eat even though the info I enter is shared between them. Please help!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    as far i know up (and other fitness trackers) is meant to add any calories to MFP it thinks you've burned in addition to what MFP already tracks.

eg MFP thinks your TDEE is 2000 calories however your UP counter knows you've been moving around all day so it thinks you've burned 2200. It might add 200 calories to your MFP calories so your TDEE is 2200. If you've set yourself up for a deficit of 500 calories and your goal is 1500 calories a day you'll get 1700 instead of 1500. Make sense?

I wouldn't worry about exercise calorie estimates given by MFP or even UP - they're probably going to be inaccurate.
  • Thank you! So I don't need to add my exercise to mfp, right? If I've already entered it into UP?
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    that's correct. if you're using a tracker to measure your activity throughout the day don't add it again to MFP as you're basically counting it twice