give me mushrooms or give me... I just want mushrooms

Options
2»

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Portobello "burger"--grill the portobello caps, season to taste(I like a little garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and brush a tad of a1), then put on a toasted sandwich thin. I put grilled red onions, spinach, feta, tomato slices, and sprinkle parmesan cheese on it!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I make Pioneer Woman's vegetarian lettuce wrap and add mushrooms to it as well: thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/02/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is good with mushrooms. Both hearty and warm in the winter months. And you can use vegetable broth if you need a vegetarian version.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Slice them, cook them then smother themwith marinera sauce & maybe some parmesean...a *delicious & healthy* alternative to pasta!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    If there was a way to send you all my mushrooms, I would!! But fortunately I don't have any as I really am on the complete opposite spectrum of how you feel about them. :smiley:
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Joining in with the mushroom love! I microwave them with loads of chopped garlic and put them on pizzas / in salads / in stir fries / in omelettes. Yum!
  • Siobhanekent
    Siobhanekent Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fry with a teeny bit of oil add leeks and when everything is cooked add garlic cream cheese and put the mix on toast x
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I make Pioneer Woman's vegetarian lettuce wrap and add mushrooms to it as well: thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/02/vegetarian-lettuce-wraps/

She's got some amazing reciepes. I just gotta be carefull how much I eat of them ha
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    #mckennasihde -Thanks for the recipe for Creamy Hungarian Soup. Sounds yummy for a cold winters nite.
  • fcadelcampo
    Options
    Te recomiendo que hagas "resuelto de setas" típicamente mediterráneo. Salteas las setas en ACEITE DE OLIVA y ajo, una pizca de sal, añades esparragos verdes y salteas todo junto 7 minutos. Rompes dos huevos encima y lo resuelves según tu punto de cocción preferido. Añades perejil o cilantro picado y tendrás un plato excelente . Lo siento, pero aunque leo y hablo un poco de Inglés. no lo escribo adecuadamente. Bon profit!
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to the mushrooms I made last night. Even my son, who doesn't like mushrooms too much, loved them.

http://www.culinaryhill.com/balsamic-mushrooms-and-onions/
  • angel1chandler
    angel1chandler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I roasted mushroom caps, stems (separated from caps) the used roasted stems and chopped them up, mixed chopped stems with a wedge of skinny cow garlic cheese, spinach, feta cheese and a little garlic, stuffed that into the caps then baked long enough to melt the stuffing.
  • yourpalsoap
    yourpalsoap Posts: 88
    edited January 2015
    Options
    coat mushrooms with a bit of oil, garlic, salt and pepper. put them on a skewer, brush with tikka paste and roast in the oven on 245°C/475°F for 30 minutes (turn once half-way through). serve with rice and naan/poppadoms :----)

I'm vegan and eat so many mushrooms dishes. this is what I'm having tomorrow night.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms. They are so satisfying and the texture is so nice and substantial. I am known to fill a bowl with them (often mixed with broccoli) and sprinkle with shredded cheddar, microwave, and eat. Yum. Here is my go-to breakfast while eating at a deficit...it's so tasty I'll just switch to whole eggs again when I'm on maintenance.

Take a frying pan, add enough water to cover the bottom a few mm deep, bring to a boil. Add chopped broccoli and/or baby spinach, Kale, or other greens. After they turn bright green, add a bunch of sliced mushrooms of your choosing. Stir and sautee/steam. Cover with egg whites, reduce heat and stir until water has steamed off and egg is in scrambled curds. Sprinkle 1/2 oz shredded cheddar on top, turn off heat and cover for 1 min.

I like to eat this with a generous helping of Cholula hot sauce, but that's mostly because the egg whites are a bit bland and need help from the other ingredients, LOL.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Te recomiendo que hagas "resuelto de setas" típicamente mediterráneo. Salteas las setas en ACEITE DE OLIVA y ajo, una pizca de sal, añades esparragos verdes y salteas todo junto 7 minutos. Rompes dos huevos encima y lo resuelves según tu punto de cocción preferido. Añades perejil o cilantro picado y tendrás un plato excelente . Lo siento, pero aunque leo y hablo un poco de Inglés. no lo escribo adecuadamente. Bon profit!

Voy a tratar de traducir. Perdoname si no es muy buena. No puedo hablar espanol bien.

I recommend that you try a mushroom reduction -- a typical Mediterranean dish. Saute the mushrooms in olive oil and garlic with a pinch of salt, then add green asparagus and saute together for seven minutes Break a two eggs and cook until it's done to your preference. Then add some chopped parley or cilantro and you have an excellent meal. I'm sorry, but I only speak and read a little English. I don't write it adequately. Good luck.

Wow... that sounds really good and I am going to have to try that.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mushrooms fried with spinach and topped with blue cheese and some spices is yummy.
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1 Large Portobello Mushroom Cap, stem removed and gills scraped out
    1oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded or block, either is fine)
    1/2oz Parmesan cheese (shredded or block, either is fine)
    1 roasted garlic clove, cut up
    1/2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
    Fresh Baby Spinach, enough to slice up into strips and fill your cap (I don't even use enough to register a gram reading on my food scale)
    1 ring of red onion, diced up
    2 tbsp Tomato Sauce

Preheat oven to 350.

Put oregano, garlic, spinach, and onion inside the cap. Cover it with the tomato sauce. Cover the sauce with your cheese.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Then broil till cheese is bubbly.

When I make them, the calorie readings come out between 220 and 230 calories. Depends on the brands you use and what not. I generally buy store brand stuff.