My Fit Foods...Anyone tried it?

Options
I actually start My Fit Foods 21 days challenge this Monday. I have actually been eating a few of their meals this past week and they have been good. I don't expect to lose a ton of weight doing this. I mainly want to use it as a kick start for my lifestyle change. At this moment it is so much easier for me to pick fast food or unhealthy food. I think that this will be awesome knowing that I will have pre-made,not frozen, delicious meals that are portion controlled and also healthy!! ready for me to eat. My goal is during this 21 day challenge is to have a complete and total diet makeover and also do some research on actually good and healthy recipes that I can make at home for my family.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried My Fit Foods either the 21 day challenge or just as a way to get on the right track with their food. What are your thoughts? and did you have any success?

Thanks in advance for reading and leaving responses

Melissa

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good luck ...sounds like you have a workable plan

You might want to consider at the start interspersing bought in meals with your own trial recipes and then gradually increasing home made / fresh foods more and more ... So it's a more gradual learning process

ETA I don't know this product and generally wouldn't advise bought in meal plans but posted this as you've thought of the learning curve and already committed to it
  • mariscalla
    Options
    I am doing this now and like the breakfast, lunch and snacks but I find the dinners to be bland and greasy. I have them doing 3 dinners per week so I can mix and match. I also find it to be a LOT of food, maybe because it's winter and the days feel shorter. I usually don't get to my second snack or I wind up eating the second snack for dinner. It's definitely a great jump star to eating a healthier diet overall but I would love to see more fruits and veggies in the meals and it irks me to no end that you can't return/recycle all of those plastic containers!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I never tried the challenge, but I have eaten a lot of their food. I used to work near a My Fit Foods and would frequently grab a tray for a quick and healthy lunch. The ones near me will take back the containers if you rinse them first. I have reused them a lot for freezing my own Crockpot lunches in single-serve portions.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I used to buy some of their meals that freeze well for emergencies. Don't toss the containers if you buy meals. Those are perfect size for packing lunches! I think you should freeze what you can and make some of your own meals for dinner. It will be a better way to learn how to carry on when the 21 days is over.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't think the food tastes good. I think its too expensive. The ingredients are not all natural. I also think its a crappy value. For the calories offered in those tiny containers, I could have so much more fresher food. So not worth it, imo.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I used to love nick but nit would be hard to watch