Unusually tired during exercise?

Options
I exercise regularly, including HIIT, strength training, kickboxing, lower-intensity intervals, etc. Lately I've been feeling unusually tired and my muscles feel more strained while doing even lower-intensity workouts. I've never had a problem with fatigue before, even doing HIIT 3-4 days a week and additional cardio or strength another couple days. I'm not new to exercise, and I've been doing about the same level of training for almost a year. It's weird and slightly frustrating. Anyone have any insight as to causes or solutions?

Thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lack of rest would be the first issue I'd look at. Whether it's not enough time between days for rest or just not getting enough hours of rest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    If it isn't rest...have you made any nutrition or supplement changes? Are you adequately fueling your activity levels?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Lack of recovery time especially if you are doing HIIT 3-4 times a week with lots of other exercise activity. If you are doing the HIIT correctly it is very draining to the body.
  • amy_1005
    amy_1005 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health problems? Anemia? Are you eating enough considering the intensity of your workouts?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Try taking 2 full days off from all exercise and post your results.
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Check your blood sugar in the middle of the workout. I was having fatigue and lack of focus. Blood sugar was in the mid to low 70's. I perform better when I don't let it drop under the high 80's