Slightly embarrassing NSV

Options
So yesterday I was walking home from work with a colleague who lives on the same street as me, and when we got to my place he said "Wow, you are now walking MUCH faster than you used to!" Thanks to the ice and snow all winter, we hadn't walked home together since last summer, and I had never realized that he used to have to make a concerted effort to walk much more slowly when he was walking with me. I still have a lot of weight left to lose, but it was really satisfying to see that the 36 pounds I've lost over the last five months (along with the training I've been doing) had resulted in a tangible (to other people) improvement in my stamina. I really love it when other people can see changes which I haven't noticed.

Replies

• jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's not in the least bit embarrassing - it's a great NSV! The totally unexpected ones are just the best, well done :)
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't be embarrassing at all but rather a proud moment. Good for you!
  • jimfoxer
    jimfoxer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job! My slightly embarrassing (and slightly injurious) NSV happened when I almost killed myself on the treadmill; I was running on the treadmill one night, when my shorts just completely dropped around my ankles. Any other time, that would have been funny, but I was running on a treadmill down the basement, and I was now unable to put one foot in front of the other on a moving belt. I nearly face-planted into the control panel, but missed it as I fell and got shot backwards into the cement wall (I was just glad I moved the treadmill, and it no longer had the drywall as a backdrop, since that would have broken and needed to be replaced - it was that much force). Fortunately I didn't get that hurt - except for some belt burn on my leg (I never wear that "key" that is supposed to shut down the treadmill if you fall, since it only gets in the way). Had to buy new shorts :) VICTORY!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That is just priceless!!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Yes, that was MUCH more embarrassing than mine! Love it!

All that was embarrassing about mine was that my coworker had been, unbeknownst to me, forcing himself to walk more slowly because (last year) I couldn't keep up with him.

I'm just glad that we have these kinds of victories to experience and share!
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well Jim it could have been worse. You could have been in a crowded gym.

Now THAT would have been embarrassing.

Congrats on the success. To both of you.