Advocare

Options
I was at a Girl Scout function last night talking with one of the other moms about the awesomeness that is MFP. Some other random heard us an sidled up next to me and said 'hey, you ever think about advocare?'

Out of politeness I had to listen all about her miraculous 4 lb weight loss in two days and something about a 24 day 'jump start'. And I was all hey, yeah.........welp, good luck with that.

Some people fall for the silliest things. Pushiest consultant ever!

Replies

• ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I had to unfriend a girl I went to church with growing up because she was messaging me all the time asking if I was "ready" to commit to Advocare. Mind you, this is a girl I have neither seen nor spoken to in ten years and our only interaction was her sending me messages wanting me to buy stuff from her.

No thanks.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Gotta love misleading advertising...if only people knew the glory of water weight drops, and that you probably didn't have a 14,000 calorie deficit in four days to lose that much fat....I saw NutriSystem pulling that on a recent commercial. They guarantee something like 1 inch lost off your waist and 5lbs in a week.

Yeah...because you're in a huge deficit, losing water, and aren't bloated!

People are easily parted with money.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I hate that! My boss started beachbody crap one time and it was so hard not to scream " it's a multi level marketing scam and overpriced junk! " finally I did say it, but in a much nicer way. It's amazing how gullible some people can be. About a week later , a coworker mentioned these magical weight loss wraps that magically give people flat stomachs in just 30 mins. That was my breaking point, I just had to tell her how stupid that was. In the end, neither lost any weight using the mlm products and they finally stopped talking about it. I just said, if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is!
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have to hear about this daily from a co-worker, yes she has lost weight, yes she regains some of it after the " 24 day challenge" is over, so she just keeps doing the 24 day challenge over, buying the drinks etc. I will let my rant end there lol because I could go on and on and it doesn't get pretty.
  • jets79tone
    jets79tone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a buddy that lost a lot of weight with it. Seems expensive and very restrictive.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My friend and her roommate started the "24 Day Challenge" on Monday. On Tuesday she tweeted about how hard diets were.

Because she's one of my oldest and closest friends I kept the comments to myself while enjoying my ice cream.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who went from well over 200 to a healthy weight on her own. She then started selling Advocare and is now putting her before and afters up everywhere online.

It makes me laugh because she was the first person to tell me about MFP, back when I was still using nonsense like green tea pills and Slim Fast.