no change

Options
Same here. Been under my caloric goal, goes to the gym 6x a week and still have the same weight! :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal? Do you weigh all your food? How are you calculating your calorie burn?
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You dont want to go under your calorie goal, if you are already at a low calorie goal that is not going to help, you need to eat more to fuel your metabolism and your workouts. Once you increase your calories by 200 per day, after a week you will lose weight Im sure of it. The concept is called reverse dieting. check this out https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAD&url=http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/biolayne-video-log-9-metabolic-damage/&ei=f626VKCXNM2iyATQmoC4Ag&usg=AFQjCNE-5UJNF6kctMqgdvKEwX75_EGUew&bvm=bv.83829542,d.aWw
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    For how long? :) Sometimes it takes a week or two for things to start up.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    supah11 wrote: »
    Same here. Been under my caloric goal, goes to the gym 6x a week and still have the same weight! :(

You are eating at maintenance then. If you have set your goals to lose weight, chances are you are eating more than you realize. Weighing food, accurate logging, and ensuring you obtain correct entries for both food and exercise will help you see how many calories you are really eating.

Plus, your ticker says you are trying to lose 12 pounds. You need to make sure your goals are set to lose a half a pound a week, which leaves little room for error with food and exercise.
  • supah11
    supah11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal? Do you weigh all your food? How are you calculating your calorie burn?

Thank you for the reply!
    1. Calorie goal: 1,300
    2. Yes I weigh my food ALTHOUGH I am NOT on strict diet because I believe that once I eat normally again I would have the rebound effect(which happened to me before) and that I'm pretty sure I won't be eating like this forever.
    3. I calculate my calorie burn by treadmill since it indicates the kcal I burn.
  • supah11
    Options
    You dont want to go under your calorie goal, if you are already at a low calorie goal that is not going to help, you need to eat more to fuel your metabolism and your workouts. Once you increase your calories by 200 per day, after a week you will lose weight Im sure of it. The concept is called reverse dieting. check this out https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAD&url=http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/biolayne-video-log-9-metabolic-damage/&ei=f626VKCXNM2iyATQmoC4Ag&usg=AFQjCNE-5UJNF6kctMqgdvKEwX75_EGUew&bvm=bv.83829542,d.aWw

Thank you for the reply and link! :) I'm kinda scared of eating heavy now so I make sure I eat small portions everytime I feel hungry.
  • supah11
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    For how long? :) Sometimes it takes a week or two for things to start up.

i've dropped a lot of weight for a year then starting last year my weight just stayed the same :(
  • supah11
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

You are eating at maintenance then. If you have set your goals to lose weight, chances are you are eating more than you realize. Weighing food, accurate logging, and ensuring you obtain correct entries for both food and exercise will help you see how many calories you are really eating.

Plus, your ticker says you are trying to lose 12 pounds. You need to make sure your goals are set to lose a half a pound a week, which leaves little room for error with food and exercise.

It's so hard to maintain! :( sometimes i lose a pound later on I can get it back easily.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply!
    1. Calorie goal: 1,300
    2. Yes I weigh my food ALTHOUGH I am NOT on strict diet because I believe that once I eat normally again I would have the rebound effect(which happened to me before) and that I'm pretty sure I won't be eating like this forever.
    3. I calculate my calorie burn by treadmill since it indicates the kcal I burn.

I'd be super cautious of using what the treadmill gives you for your calorie burn, they usually overestimate by a lot
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I calculate my calorie burn by treadmill since it indicates the kcal I burn.

Well, this could be your problem. Whatever the total on the machine, log in about 100-150 calories less. Gym machines and MFP overestimate calories burned. Based on my results, the best estimates I've been able to get is from my heart rate monitor, which are generally 100-150 calories less than the treadmill.