Rebounding and Heel Pain

Options
Hi everyone.
I bought a Bellicon about two months ago and didn't bounce on it right away because I was suffering from some serious pain in my left heel (which I assume is a heel spur of some sort)... I finally invested in some inserts for my shoes and the pain is far less severe...

However, if I try rebounding without shoes it hurts in the arches of my feet, almost like im stretching my feet too far, and if I bounce with shoes on with the inserts, I feel off balanced. Last night I just bounced in shoes without the inserts, which worked ok... but still had pain in that left foot and of course the rest of my legs from not having the strength built up yet...

Has anyone experienced this? Does the rebounding help the heel pain? And for the most part all im managing is the tiniest lift of my weight from one side to the other... bouncing straight up and down is far too painful just yet... that I hope will improve too. Thanks for any feedback.

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've got something pretty serious going on. Why not see a doctor to get a firm diagnosis and some guidelines? That said...

I've got runner's goggles, so bear that in mind, but: "pain in heel plus arch eased by inserts" says plantar fasciitis to me. There are a lot of things you can do to help PF go away, but the most important one is: don't do what hurts. That's making the injury worse and increasing the amount of time you'll have to take off for it to heal.

Good things to do are calf stretches like the stair step stretch: stand with the ball of your foot on the step, your heel hanging off, and lower your heel until you feel it in your calf. You can shift your weight around a little to stretch different parts of your calf.

Roll a lacrosse or tennis ball under your foot. Freeze water in a water bottle and roll it with your arch.

To build foot strength, do toe-pickups: pick up either the tennis ball or a towel with your toes. Trace the alphabet on the floor with your big toe.

Most of all, don't do what hurts. If trampoline hurts, don't.
  • mabuhangin
    mabuhangin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi---I had the same issue with my rebounder, but with knee pain as well.

I bounce barefoot---but even with shoes it still happened. What finally helped me was going slow and paying attention to how my feet were positioned. I was pronating or kind of allowing my feet to fall inward while bouncing.

I practiced focusing my weight on the outside of my feet and keeping my ankles straight---health bounce, jogging in place, then worked back up to my regular routine. It seems to have worked for me.

I hope your pain goes away! But if it hurts, you should take a break.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    A podiatrist can get you a physical therapist and/ or massage.
    Ice your feet for 25 mins two or three times a day.
    This video is pretty close to what my podiatrist wanted me to do twice a day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kStuJAu0a20&index=18&list=WL
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I should go to the doctor, but I am also certain I already know the answer. I work 8-10 hours a day on a concrete floor standing, and am seriously overweight. I keep saying I should just go to the doctor but havent gone yet. I appreciate the feedback on stretches... I will try those. However, I have been doing the tennis ball thing, and it has helped loads. The pain has decreased substantially since I got the inserts, so here's hoping it will continue to improve.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was thinking plantar fascitis too. I have had it for over 2 years. Being female and overweight are two of the risk factors. The concrete floor won't be helping and they always make my feet worse. Don't keep doing things that make it hurt, it will only get worse. Go see a podiatrist, they will help you out. The correct shoes and inserts will help lots.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    This totally depends on your work environment, but, any chance you could get a rubber mat to stand on? (i.e. at a checkout counter) I got a couple of foam squares to put behind the counter and kitchen when I worked at a breakfast place for awhile. They helped.