Looking for healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth!

Options
Any ideas? It drives me crazy!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want just account for it within your defecit

Berries are sweet, frozen berries are nice to munch, as is frozen peas or corn

But If you fancy chocolate eat chocolate ..just weigh it and log it like any other food
  • div9diva44
    div9diva44 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you like key lime pie I have a great receipe from weight watchers using Greek yogurt been making for years!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth. I came up with a pumpkin pie receipe that good. 40 cals per serving, jello, I keep sf cool whip in the freezer. it it's frozen, its harder to take a big scoop. and sf pudding. lots of fruit.
  • tufztuf
    tufztuf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with sweets.
    1) Most sweet stuff makes me hungry for more sweet stuff
    2) I find that when I eat sweets I don't enjoy fruit very much. Apples for example, taste very bland.
    So I'm basically off the sweets now. Shortly after stopping sweets, apples suddenly tasted delicious and I actually look forward to eating them now.
    This may resonate with some of you. Everyone has to decide what they can and can't do.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have sugar free jelly (I'm in the UK so jello to you US folk), it's only about 6 cals a pot and definitely helps my sweet tooth.
  • turnbilljessica
    turnbilljessica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I focus on low carb dieting, and have found that 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened, with 1/4c of Splenda and 2-3 drops of vanilla extract spread over top of any flavor of sugar free jello seems to always satisfy a sweet tooth for me. Hope this helps!
  • jlisah
    jlisah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    In the evenings I like Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy tea. Only 6 calories.
  • jhdct94
    Options
    I love chocolate. I find eating a Think Thin Lean Protein & Fiber bar (Chocolate Almond Brownie) satisfies my craving for chocolate and I get 10 g of protein. It only has 5 g of sugar. I buy them at Sprouts.
  • TeeterMET
    Options
    All a matter of priorities. Sorbet over ice cream (about half the calories), fresh fruit (& if that is not sweet enough sprinkle a non calorie sweetener over each piece), hot tea with lots of non calorie sweetener (sweet & fills you up so you are not as hungry), or I drink a diet soda (I like Hansen's) with an extra packet of, what else but a non caloric sweetener (I liked Nectresse but they seem to have discontinued it).
  • eyemosey
    eyemosey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone, these are great ideas! I love jello but rarely buy it so I'll definitely be reaching for that on my late night kicks from now on. Thanks so much!!