Goal outfits

Options
Do/did you have an outfit in your goal size? Either a new item or something you used to fit that you want to get back into?

I had a pair of shorts that I wanted to get into and successfully managed that, I really liked having a goal piece of clothing! Now however I am intending to continue losing to get to my goal size and I'm debating whether to buy something in a smaller size... I am currently UK 10-12, I know I'm a comfortable 10 if I lose around 6lbs more especially with weight training, I am aiming to be a UK8... but as I've never been there I'm debating whether I can be that size or not! I don't want to waste my money, but I think it'd be beneficial to have something like clothing to work in to! Although if I am just not built to be a UK8 then it'll just be de-motivational and a waste of money!

Has anyone else got any goal clothing or outfits the want to get into? Do you think it's a great idea? People who've done it, do you think it was worth the risk of not getting into it and potentially wasting money?!

Any photos or links to outfits would be fun too!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't like to buy smaller clothing. I shop for immediate satisfaction though. I also don't like some piece of clothing in my closet taunting me about my weight loss.

I tried on a pair of 200 dollar jeans I bought after I had food poisoning when I was bigger (which promptly became too tight), and they were too BIG! I definitely get enough excitement from going through my drawers rather than buying clothes that are too small on me now.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't like to buy smaller clothing. I shop for immediate satisfaction though. I also don't like some piece of clothing in my closet taunting me about my weight loss.

I tried on a pair of 200 dollar jeans I bought after I had food poisoning when I was bigger (which promptly became too tight), and they were too BIG! I definitely get enough excitement from going through my drawers rather than buying clothes that are too small on me now.

I'm get annoyed when I buy lovely new clothes then a couple of months after they're too big! It would be nice to buy clothes and have them fit forever! But I suppose if I want that I need to reach my goal weight and that maintain it! I also have to wear something in the mean time so can't just not have clothing my current size even though I'm sad that it won't fit when I get to goal!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Larcher91 wrote: »

I'm get annoyed when I buy lovely new clothes then a couple of months after they're too big! It would be nice to buy clothes and have them fit forever! But I suppose if I want that I need to reach my goal weight and that maintain it! I also have to wear something in the mean time so can't just not have clothing my current size even though I'm sad that it won't fit when I get to goal!

The only thing I've been holding off on is jeans. I'm already a size small on top so that's not going to change much. I do like designer jeans so I'm just going to refrain from them until it's time. I'm also a little addicted to shopping so I try to find the best deals and use upscale consignment/thrift stores. I really need to sell some of my stuff now :(
  • _L_A_
    Options

The only thing I've been holding off on is jeans. I'm already a size small on top so that's not going to change much. I do like designer jeans so I'm just going to refrain from them until it's time. I'm also a little addicted to shopping so I try to find the best deals and use upscale consignment/thrift stores. I really need to sell some of my stuff now :(

Ooo I'd love a nice pair of designer jeans! I definitely won't get them until I reach goal though because I know my shape and size will change and want them to be a perfect fit and to last me :)
  • arditarose
    Options

Ooo I'd love a nice pair of designer jeans! I definitely won't get them until I reach goal though because I know my shape and size will change and want them to be a perfect fit and to last me :)

Yes! Once you go there, it's impossible to go back. Luckily you only need a pair or two. What is your goal weight? When I was bigger I could fit into 32's but they didn't look good or anything ha
  • _L_A_
    Options

Yes! Once you go there, it's impossible to go back. Luckily you only need a pair or two. What is your goal weight? When I was bigger I could fit into 32's but they didn't look good or anything ha

Goal weight is 128lbs (currently 148.5lbs, was 141.5lbs last Augsut though but gained some back!), I'm quite flexible on that though because I am weight training so I know there might come a point where I stop focussing on weight loss and go with inches only! Also I've not been smaller than 147lbs (except for Aug-Dec last year) my whole adult life so I don't know what to expect from my goal!

20.5lbs to go! Then I'll probably give it a couple of months to let my body shape settle and then I'll be looking for new jeans!

I saw a dress online that I wanted to get for my goal size today, but they were all sold out!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ah okay, you look great now! Too bad the dress was sold out...maybe it's a sign!
  • dexterchickk
    Options
    I do this too! I have a dress that fit me two years ago (but now is far from zipping), and I keep it hanging on the outside of the door of my closet so I see it every morning.
  • _L_A_
    Options
    This is the dress I wanted! They only have a UK16 though, which once upon a time would've bee perfect, but now I want it in a smaller size and there's none left! Such a shame as it's in the sale too

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/navy-premium-lace-sequin-sheer-panel-dress-_325226649
    I do this too! I have a dress that fit me two years ago (but now is far from zipping), and I keep it hanging on the outside of the door of my closet so I see it every morning.

I think if I get something as a goal to fit into I'd hang it up in the spare room where my home "gym" is! It would definitely motivate me whilst working out!
  • RebeccaChemmy
    RebeccaChemmy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Something for my boyfriend. I shall say no more. ;)

But also, bikinis! And tight fitting stuff.
  • arditarose
    Options
    This is the dress I wanted! They only have a UK16 though, which once upon a time would've bee perfect, but now I want it in a smaller size and there's none left! Such a shame as it's in the sale too

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/navy-premium-lace-sequin-sheer-panel-dress-_325226649

I think if I get something as a goal to fit into I'd hang it up in the spare room where my home "gym" is! It would definitely motivate me whilst working out!

Oh my god that dress is amazing! Love your style.
    Something for my boyfriend. I shall say no more. ;)

But also, bikinis! And tight fitting stuff.

I have gotten some of that stuff. And it's nice to fit into the one size fits all things now :)
  • RebeccaChemmy
    Options

I WANT THIS DRESS! I love New Look. Eugh, I want everything. :(
  • arditarose
    Options
    Agreed. I really like all the stuff on this site. If I'm a US 4/6 what is my UK size?
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Buy the smaller size at consignment/resale shop. No big deal to shrink out of a $2.00 pair of shorts.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Something from Free People.

Don't care what. If I reach my goal weight. I am buying something from Free People.

Also, crop tops. :)
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sort of but not on purpose. I have a tight fitting red dress that hugs every curve and not in a good way at this point in my journey. It's actually my size, but my rolls and gut made me look disgusting in it (WITH spanx!) and was a total eye opener for me. I plan to keep it and see how it fits 50lbs from now. I don't plan on doing any major shopping until goal weight. I tend to hang onto all my clothes so I guess I'll be rocking the baggy look with a few fitting pieces as the weight goes down.
  • RebeccaChemmy
    Options
    Agreed. I really like all the stuff on this site. If I'm a US 4/6 what is my UK size?

You're a size 8/10 over here. :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Something from Free People.

Don't care what. If I reach my goal weight. I am buying something from Free People.

Also, crop tops. :)

haha, love your edit to add "crop tops"
  • vcransto
    vcransto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't so much a specific article I own but my dream would be to break free from always wearing a one piece swim suit and get a cute bikini to wear. But I just started out so I have a while to get there.
  • arditarose
    Options

You're a size 8/10 over here. :)

Wow