started t25

Options
2»

Replies

• andrepi
    Options
    This is my second round. I did t25 june last year. It was great! I started already beta this year and it has been a struggle. I tend to quit everything i start, but I'm determined. I reallt don't need to lose weight but I want to get fit! I'm really lazy hahaha and I want to feel good and energized every day.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 weeks into my 3rd round of T25. It's never easy! I always start the warm up portion off going "Hmm, wonder if I have time this morning to pop in a second disc without being late to work". And then when 10 minutes are still on the clock, I'm just thinking about how nice it would be to have a little lay down on the floor :D
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been through T25 and trying to incorporate it again into my run-bike-swim training. One thing I learned from seeing the new Max30 infomercials is keeping a record of where you maxed out on each video and trying to beat that the next time you do that particular video. A chart, white board, note pad, anything to keep close by to write it down and then jump back in to the workout. And hey, you can always hit pause, write it down and then not miss a rep.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    One thing I learned from seeing the new Max30 infomercials is keeping a record of where you maxed out on each video and trying to beat that the next time you do that particular video.

That's a fab idea. I'm making it through with the modified version this week - but will start doing that from next week onwards!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cc215 wrote: »
    lchadwick3 wrote: »
    One thing I learned from seeing the new Max30 infomercials is keeping a record of where you maxed out on each video and trying to beat that the next time you do that particular video.

That's a fab idea. I'm making it through with the modified version this week - but will start doing that from next week onwards!

There's nothing wrong with following the modifier! I lost 13lbs and 16+" during my first round...and I followed Tania throughout. I have bad knees and ankles, and there's no glory for me in getting sidelined by an injury because I tried to jump. I get much better results by feeling good enough to work out every day :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have no problem following her - it's a good workout following Tania. But for me it's about getting fitter as well as losing weight (and I don't have any joint issues) - so I'd like to push myself to do more of the full workout. This just seems like a nice way to try push myself that bit further each time!
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    im doing the modifier on most and doing some normal moves, i did better today i did alpha cardio again and i was dripping in sweat. my HRM broke so i cant track accurately whats everyone logging this as? Tania is good to follow she pushes the modifier moves though which is good because i cant slack
  • rachylouise87
    Options
    thanks cheerios! 1st day 3rd week! today was hard work
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i just started today! i did it for a few weeks before though and it gets easier over time once you get used to it

I did it for 3 weeks last year, and it certainly did get easier - but I never found it "easy"!

I stopped that time because I was getting too fatigued, I think this was as I was on a pretty high calorie defecit.

This time round Im at maintenance and just looking to get fit rather than lose weight.

I started Monday and couldnt actually do yesterdays routine because I was aching so bad! So I did yesterdays today and will continue through to Saturday.

I had forgotten how hard it hits you that first week, especially for someone as unfit as myself. That said, I do remember that was a short lived discomfort.

Looking to finish all three phases now - checked the calendar and it works out that Ill finish just in time for May bank holiday!
  • sambasamba123
    Options
    I started Focus T25 Monday so doing third day today and boy do I ache! I am also doing the Dukan Diet which I started a week ago. Weighed in at 9 stone 11.6lb Monday 19 January and weighed in today at 9 stone 4.8lb so I'm getting there - woo woo. Love/hate Shaun T lol :)
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday and have stayed under my calories and haven't seen any losses yet, in fact the scale has gone up a little bit. I'm eating the same calories as before and eating better, started T25 and started taking my Catalyst again. What gives?!?! I'm going to stick it out and hope that I see a loss soon! I'm sitting @ 250 so it's not like I don't have it to lose!
  • shalak14
    shalak14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started Monday. I hate him with a fiery passion only because he kicks my butt. I love it. I am doing the Mod version on writing it down. That way I know when I can do the full and see my progress. I also am doing pictures that way I can see the difference. I would recommend recording weight and inches. Some people lose weight some inches. It's hard but I like it a lot. I do take small breaks but do the best I can. Good luck every one.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    tjames30 wrote: »
    I started on Monday and have stayed under my calories and haven't seen any losses yet, in fact the scale has gone up a little bit. I'm eating the same calories as before and eating better, started T25 and started taking my Catalyst again. What gives?!?! I'm going to stick it out and hope that I see a loss soon! I'm sitting @ 250 so it's not like I don't have it to lose!

I'm on my 2nd round of T25. My first round I only did Alpha/Beta. This time I will be adding Gamma. I didn't lose any weight through Alpha the first time. I lost inches-a lot of inches, but no weight. I attribute that to following their nutrition guide which was not enough calories for me. Everyone is different. Once I figured out my calorie intake, through Beta I started losing. Overall I lost 18.5 inches and 8lbs. Hoping for the same results again this time. Side note: I didn't lose a lot during the alpha cycle this time either. This is my first week of Beta and I already lost a pound. So my body must really be adjust during Alpha to lose inches first. Everyone is different.

Follow the modifier if you need to. Don't get injured. My first few weeks of Alpha, the first time, I think I followed the modifier 95% of the time. Then as I got stronger, I would think "Hmm...I think I can do this now"...so I'd try. Don't give up. Try a move here and there and be amazed at your progress of becoming stronger and more fit! :smile:
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I'm on my 2nd round of T25. My first round I only did Alpha/Beta. This time I will be adding Gamma. I didn't lose any weight through Alpha the first time. I lost inches-a lot of inches, but no weight. I attribute that to following their nutrition guide which was not enough calories for me. Everyone is different. Once I figured out my calorie intake, through Beta I started losing. Overall I lost 18.5 inches and 8lbs. Hoping for the same results again this time. Side note: I didn't lose a lot during the alpha cycle this time either. This is my first week of Beta and I already lost a pound. So my body must really be adjust during Alpha to lose inches first. Everyone is different.

Follow the modifier if you need to. Don't get injured. My first few weeks of Alpha, the first time, I think I followed the modifier 95% of the time. Then as I got stronger, I would think "Hmm...I think I can do this now"...so I'd try. Don't give up. Try a move here and there and be amazed at your progress of becoming stronger and more fit! :smile:

Thank you for this. I'm starting T-20 five on Monday and I'm really worried about starting it is I'm really out of shape. Your testimony was helpful and inspiring.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. T25 Week2Day1 in the books.

I was a little lenient on my calories over the weekend, but saw a 3.8 lb loss this morning! My body must've needed some food! LOL.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. T25 Week2Day1 in the books.

I was a little lenient on my calories over the weekend, but saw a 3.8 lb loss this morning! My body must've needed some food! LOL.

Listen to you body. I was HUNGRY during that first time I did alpha, crabby hungry...1600 is close to my BMR I found out--so I was not eating enough. You have to provide your body with enough fuel to get through these work outs!! :-)
  • rachylouise87
    Options
    hey guys anyone moving onto beta this week?