Detox teas

Options
DevinJean123
DevinJean123 Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
so I am interested in getting a detox tea, I always have a few glasses of green tea at night so I thought I might As well give them a try. Does anyone have recommendations or used any? I was looking at your tea or flat tummy tea? Just looking for some reviews! Thanks friends!!!

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to save your money. If you have a functioning digestive system, there is no need to "detox". Stick with the green tea.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Nah, I would not go for laxative teas. Stick with your green tea and a caloric deficit.
  • DevinJean123
    DevinJean123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is that all they are? Yeah I don't need that i guess haha. Thanks!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Just go buy some Snake Oil instead.
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I drink Yogi Detox Tea (along with a few other varieties of their brand) just because I like the taste. As well as Traditional Medical brand teas.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Skinny tea= Explosive toilet visits.... :-0
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have a read about the benefits of dandelion leaf tea :)
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Dandelion or Roobios Tea is the way to go. Diet tea will just give you the runs.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Do you have at least one kidney, a liver, and a working digestive tract?
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who tried "Baetea" and liked it...it's a combo of roobios and green teas, pomegranate and some other natural ingredients. The only thing you have to watch for is the incorporation of Senna leaf. It's less harsh than Senna EXTRACT, but it's still a laxative.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    so I am interested in getting a detox tea, I always have a few glasses of green tea at night so I thought I might As well give them a try. Does anyone have recommendations or used any? I was looking at your tea or flat tummy tea? Just looking for some reviews! Thanks friends!!!

They will certainly detox the cash right out of your pocket.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Words to avoid: Detox, cleanse, flush. It's all code for "poop yourself silly." If any product also says it will reboot your metabolism or help "bust" the fat, run.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Is that all they are? Yeah I don't need that i guess haha. Thanks!

And if you ever do need that, Traditional Medicinal's Smooth Move does the trick. No detox, just a "get this s*** done in a hurry tea."
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I drink dandelion and green tea, works just fine, basically I just pee on day ,lol being honest
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I drink tea for 2 reasons, 1) I like the taste, and 2) I have lower GI issues and it helps to "bind me up". A tea that the flavor is questionable and has an increased likelihood of causing GI distress don't sound like a good idea to me.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I drink dandelion and green tea, works just fine, basically I just pee on day ,lol being honest

Those are just diuretics, not detoxes. Any diuretic will do that.