I gave up gluten

Options
then started eating it again.

I blamed my feelings of exhaustion, boredom, and brain fog on gluten. I blamed constipation on gluten. I blamed headaches and sinus problems on gluten. I did this for two years.

The past three weeks I have been eating well balanced meals. Lots of vegetables, fruits, grains such as Quinoia and millet, etc. I've been working out consistently. I've also been eating things with the once banned gluten.

Guess what? I feel 10x better than I did when I cut gluten out. I can trace my sinus symptoms to other things that are not caused by ingesting gluten. I can credit my feelings of boredom and brain fog to being completely stationary and not exercising. My bowel troubles? Those came from not eating well balanced meals throughout the day.

I'm not saying everyone who cuts the gluten should be giving it a try again. There are some who are allergic to it and also those with celiac. Also, it is none of my business if someone wants to cut certain things out of their diets. All I'm saying is that my experiment really didn't address the issues I thought were attributed to gluten.

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i think it's important to track exactly where the problems are coming from, and sometimes it is from gluten, and other times it is from other products in a food. we thought my daughter had problems with peanuts b/c she had so many issues when eating peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter cookies; come to find out, she is HIGHLY sensitive to gluten. i thought i had a problem with gluten, turns out, i am allergic to soy and corn. i'm glad you were able to figure out your issues :smile: