gummy vitamins

Options
ftsolk
ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
I am having a really hard time remembering to take my multivitamin, so I am wondering if I should switch to a gummy vitamin supplement. Any advice on brands? I can't eat sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners. I would love a vitamin that has added ingredients to help aide weight loss (b-vitamins, omega 3s, Fiber, etc).

Thanks

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    ftsolk wrote: »
    I am having a really hard time remembering to take my multivitamin, so I am wondering if I should switch to a gummy vitamin supplement. Any advice on brands? I can't eat sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners. I would love a vitamin that has added ingredients to help aide weight loss (b-vitamins, omega 3s, Fiber, etc).

Thanks

Vitamins don't aid weight loss. They only help round out your nutrition. Which I guess may help, if you were deficient in any areas and having side effects from it.
  • ftsolk
    Options
    I really am looking at i
    Laurend224 wrote: »

Thanks

Vitamins don't aid weight loss. They only help round out your nutrition. Which I guess may help, if you were deficient in any areas and having side effects from it.

I know, but I figure that I might be missing something in my diet, so I want to take a vitamin to fill any gaps

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So just take pills?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you forget to take the gummy too? Or is it that you would remember taking that one cuz it's like candy, sorta? I have no suggestion for gummy vitamins, except for maybe having one of those daily pill boxes: leave it on your kitchen table for the vitamins you already have. Maybe that'll help you remember to take them. :smile:
  • ftsolk
    Options
    I have tried alarms, pill boxes, keeping the bottle with me, sticky notes, checklists, and more. None have worked, but I thought that maybe if I made taking a multivitamin more enjoyable I would remember to take it
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have tried alarms, pill boxes, keeping the bottle with me, sticky notes, checklists, and more. None have worked, but I thought that maybe if I made taking a multivitamin more enjoyable I would remember to take it

Have you tried keeping the bottle on your phone at night? Anything I need to remember I keep as close to my phone as possible.

I would think any gummy you get is going to have sugar or artificial sweetener. That's what makes them palatable. I could be wrong though.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    my daughter hated them, but then again, she hates almost everything. LOL
    we got the flintstones brand b/c she takes the regular flinstones "hard" vitamins. i don't really know anything about additives and not sure if they have any for adults. sorry, i'm really no help! LOL ;)
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have the Alive! gummies and love them! I look forward to taking them because it's like a sweet treat. lol
  • Francl27
    edited January 2015
    Options

Alerts on your phone? Sending yourself an email that you keep at the top of your inbox? I get it though, I always forget my vitamins too (speaking of which...).

Or just log it, this way you'll see it every day when you go through the 'recent foods' list?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Here we go.
  • ftsolk
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Alerts on your phone? Sending yourself an email that you keep at the top of your inbox? I get it though, I always forget my vitamins too (speaking of which...).

Or just log it, this way you'll see it every day when you go through the 'recent foods' list?

I've tried multiple apps on my phone. I'm honestly thinking that the real issue is that the smell of the vitamins is so repulsive that I'm subconsciously forgetting to take it. (Well that, and the size, shape, and smell almost make me gag). So, I'm trying out some gummy ones to see if that helps. I'm definitely not against pills, but I'd rather have something other than tablets. A smoother capsule is a LOT easier to swallow.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I used to always forget too - but the gummies are so yummy I almost never forget. I take either the vita fusion or target store brand.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used to always forget too - but the gummies are so yummy I almost never forget. I take either the vita fusion or target store brand.

I think I have the Vitafusion sour gummy vitamins. No clue about sugar. I used to be terrible about taking my vitamins, but now I look forward to it lol.

• yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I take the Kirkland brand gummy vitamins, they are easier on the stomach than traditional pills. They taste like candy though so I am guessing there is sugar or something in them.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I take the gummies, too. Pills tend to, uh, go from point a to point b without stopping. My stomach just doesn't like them. I take the Vitafusion multi and a Wegmans store brand calcium, and Rainbow Light's Sunny gummy D3 sour gummy. Adds up to less than 50 calories, and makes up for whatever falls through the cracks while I'm eating at a deficit.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have trouble swallowing big pills, and vitamins I have tried, are big. I take the One A Day ones for women. I keep a bottle at home and a bottle at work in my desk, that way I do not forget to take them. I take them right after I eat my breakfast, so I don't forget. They do have calories, 10, for 2 gummies (the dose recommended). I do log them every day. I take a Mega Red daily too.
    I see that they have a chocolate One A Day, chewable vitamin now too.
  • jbl0233
    jbl0233 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also take the adult gummies. I cannot swallow those large vitamin tablets. I take NatureMade Vitamin D3 and also NatureMade Fish oil. I record them in my food plan. They are 15 calories for two gummies and 3g carbs and 3g sugar. Fish Oil is 4g carbs. I believe they are important so I include the nutrition info in my plan.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I use gummy vitamins. Usually I take them after breakfast so I remember while I'm eating breakfast and thinking "hmmm, what am I going to be doing after this?"
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i had barretts gummy vitamins for a while after surgery. now i take what the doctor prescribes either in injection form or i half the pills and take half in the morning, half at night. i keep the pill box next to my bed so i remember to take them first thing in the morning and last thing at night
  • Francl27
    Options
    This actually makes me want to get some. I've tried some and they were delicious. Maybe once I finish my bottle of pills (at this rate, in 6 months, although I guess technically they expired in December. Oops).