Mediterranean Diet?

Options
Has anyone tried it and how was it?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's a nice way to eat if it appeals to you. I don't do it because I don't really care about grains and like to eat more dairy and meat than is generally included (although my meat options include lots of fish and other seafood).

It's more loose guidelines and understanding some general commonalities from a quite broad group of areas, and I wouldn't think of it as a "diet" with meal plans and all that, but simply some principles that might inform what you think of as a meal and how to eat. I incorporate some of the same ideas, and even if you don't find that everything fits with how you eat you can pick out what you like.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Why did someone flag it as spam, LOL. It's not a proprietary diet, it refers to the way people have eaten in the Mediterranean region.

OP, millions eat that way. Do you have a question about it? It's generally considered a healthy way to eat by most doctors. But if you're trying to lose weight, also keep in mind that a calorie deficit is needed too, not just eating certain foods.
  • Mauigirl62
    Options
    I have a couple of cookbooks I bought for it. I kind of try to follow pieces of it... use olive oil whenever I cook anything rather than other types of oil or butter, try to eat fish frequently, lots of vegetables, and some red wine (have had to cut back on the wine though to lose weight!).