Help with calorie spreadsheet for weekly tracking

Options
avskk
avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
Can anyone set up or give me instructions for setting up one of those Excel spreadsheets that tracks daily consumption/goal/difference/expected loss to give a running total? I'm really working to maintain a weekly deficit right now, and I'm finding it hard to keep track with basic math -- clicking back over a week of days, adding and subtracting, blah blah I am dumb.

I'd prefer a Google Docs sheet if it's possible, but I do have access to actual Excel at work. I'm pretty ignorant about spreadsheets; I know the basics of entry and rows/columns but I find formulas and tabulating very confusing. I'd appreciate help with this so much I might sing a song about it.

Replies

• avskk
    Options
    Hate doing this, but... bump.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding. You are needing a spreadsheet to help you keep track of the calories you are eating? Isn't that what MFP is used for? I am sure I am not understanding what you're asking.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I have a template that I use in Excel to keep track of: Daily calories, daily weigh-ins, weight loss with trendline equation, and observed TDEE over 7, 14, 30, 60 and 90-day periods. It unfortunately won't work in Google Docs (some of the formulas aren't recognized) but I can PM you a copy if you like.

• avskk
    Options
    I'm looking for something simpler -- three or four columns. Plug in my day's calories in the first column, Excel compares them magically with my TDEE and spits out my deficit/surplus in another column, totaling out with my weekly deficit/surplus at the bottom. Someone posted a screenshot of a spreadsheet like this in another thread just a few days ago, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was or which thread!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    No worries! That should be pretty simple to just create something, no?
  • avskk
    Options
    I just don't know how to set up to do the math for me. I mean, I could just use a blank sheet and do the math myself, but... you know, that kind of defeats the purpose. ;)