Looking for friends and help on how to meet my calorie goals

Options
im new to MFP and I'm on my 3rd day. Every day says I'm low on calories but I'm full! Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• Ewok31
    Ewok31 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    measure and weigh food try and stay away from processed food and look to eat food that is non gmo
  • Brendaleigh19
    Brendaleigh19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I am weighing food, I just can't seem to eat enough which I know is just as bad.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Open your diary please.
  • Brendaleigh19
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm new.....what does that mean?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Go to Home > Settings > Diary Settings and then choose Public.
  • Brendaleigh19
    Options
    How much becomes public? I definitely don't want my weight out there for all to see
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That just makes your diary (food) entries public. So, only what you list as your eaten items.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    How much becomes public? I definitely don't want my weight out there for all to see

People will only be able to see the food that you logged.
  • Brendaleigh19
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that quite yet. Although I guess if I want help hitting the goals I have to put it out there, huh?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Without seeing your diary all I can tell you is to choose more calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, avocado, full fat dairy, nuts, etc. Things that give you more calories but take up less space.

It's fairly common for people to become overly restrictive when they first start out and be unable to get enough calories. Don't restrict so much. This is meant to be a long term thing so eat a variety of foods.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose you have to eat enough to keep your body out of starvation mode.
    We are here to encourage you on your journey. Not to judge how much you weigh.
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that quite yet. Although I guess if I want help hitting the goals I have to put it out there, huh?

No problem, until you are comfortable sharing here are some suggestions:
    1) make sure your percentages of calories are balanced. 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protien. Watch the saturated fats, eats more nuts. Avacado are a great way to add healthy calories from fats.
    2) watch the starchy carbs like potatoes, fried foods and pasta. Choose whole
    Wheat breads and fruits for your carbs.

I hope this helps. Good Luck and keep us posted on your success.