Newbie needs advice

Options
Rhinoceruslegs
Rhinoceruslegs Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Looking forward to meeting some new friends here. I have a lot of work to do.
I must limit to 200 calories; ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? How on earth do I start? Here is where I fit: Poor Man's budget, shop once a month. I have no money for fresh veggies; other than a carrot & cucumber here and there kinda thing; occasionally. I plan to eat homecooked oatmeal w/honey everyday for breakfast. Then a whey proteing shake (water & powder) at mid-morning. Lots of water to drink, with lemon juice from the plastic lemon the fridge. What about the rest of the day everyone? Calories need to be at 200 each: lunch, dinner, snack.
Also, need to be stuff out of the cabinet that I may store for a month and buy for low money. Also needs to yield nutrition and energy, I work full-time. Thx for your help getting me kick started.

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Why are you limiting each meal and snack to 200 calories?

Some staples may include lean cuts of meats or fish. I like vacuum sealed fish fillets or chicken breasts that I can take out individually without having to worry about the rest getting freezer burn.
    Microwave popcorn
    Greek Yogurt
    Frozen veggies
    Canned or dry beans
    Rice
    Pasta
    Bag of baby carrots
    Bag or box of spinach
    Tuna or salmon in the foil packets
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges, I use them in place of cheese on sandwiches and burgers.
    Peanut butter
    Flatouts bread or pita pockets
    Cans of diced tomatoes
  • Rhinoceruslegs
    Rhinoceruslegs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you. i was hving 200 calories, six times a day. wasnt enuff, was getting migraines. i increased to 1600-1700 and its bttr. ill work from your list. ty so much!!!