Calf pain

Options
I work out a lot
I do cardiovascular a lot
Extreme calf pain why and how to stop
Rest isn't a option
Suggestions on excerise that will burn loads of calories that's not so lower body focused, is appreciated

Replies

• nirvana6996
    Options
    Sorry about the spelling it's late
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Why isn't rest an option?

Have you been to the doctor yet? How long have you been having "extreme pain?" Did it start as normal pain and then get worse or was it extreme to begin with?
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Doctor
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    The least expensive option is rest... Its amazing what a week off your feet will do for that issue. You don't need to rest, there is plenty of upper body aerobic activities to keep you going so don't worry.
  • cathy120861
    cathy120861 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    so, first, let me say that i had severe calf pain that i ignored and, by the time i finally went to the doctor i had messed up my leg so badly that i can never do high impact activities like running or tennis ever again for the rest of my life. Those were my two favorite exercises and i soon gained a great deal of weight.

Now that i am getting fit and healthy again, the exercises that i have found that i enjoy that do not bother my calf are:
    yoga, pilates, ballet barre, belly dancing, trx and boxing.
    see if you can find a physique 57 ballet barre video. it might actually be good for your calf and you will burn calories like a mad woman.
    boxing is also great, but it has to be real boxing and not cardio boxing or kickboxing or any of those hybrids. I can't do most of the warm ups (jumping jacks, jumping rope etc), but i have had so much fun, lost a bunch of weight and developed a pretty sneaky jab!

(did i mention how much i wish i had gone to a doctor right away?)
  • nirvana6996
    Options
    Sorry to hear that I think ill book to see my doc right away but thanks for the advice I will be looking into everything you suggested! Really helped!!!
  • nirvana6996
    Options
    Why isn't rest an option?

Have you been to the doctor yet? How long have you been having "extreme pain?" Did it start as normal pain and then get worse or was it extreme to begin with?

I'm obsessive and it started when I first joined gym now it's just there instantly and becomes bad when I try to run, like I can't run at all
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I tore my calf muscle in Oct 2009. You do NOT want to screw this up, even though i DID go to the doctor the next day I was off trail for a year resting it. Well, sort of... yeah... After five months I hiked, it was painful, but I hiked anyway. A short one. I did that again in a few months, and again in another few months. I wish to f I'd listened and taken the whole year off.

I am still suffering pain from this torn muscle, there is a permanent knot there and if I overwork it, I am in pain all over again.

Do what your doctor says. If it's a tear, an ultrasound will prove it.