Binge

Options
Today I am proud of my self because even though I over ate some potatoes fried in olive oil, I read on what happens to our bodies when we do this and I skipped dinner by drinking Tulsi tea. My weakness is at home on weekends and at night. Wonder what others are doing to fight the binge attack?

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible sweet tooth. (I blame my childhood since I had really bad ADHD and my pediatrician told my mom not to give me sugar. So now I'm making up for lost time.) this week, I wanted chocolate really bad. I try not to keep tempting treats in the house, but I allow myself a splurge day on Sundays to rev up my metabolism. Then I feel I'm not deprived either. So on the weekdays I would either do an exercise, drink coffee, or listen to upbeat music and do a puzzle.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Unless you overindulged in calories for the day, you shouldn't skip dinner if you can - a little slip-up won't put the pounds on. :) A yummy salad or some protein would be good. I've never heard of Tulsi tea. :)

My key to avoiding binging is not depriving myself. I indulge in a Skinny Cow vanilla sandwich every night or every other night to curb my late night sweet tooth. I also let myself have a cheat meal once a week to indulge on whatever, wherever I want. :)
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i don't know if i would suggest always skipping meals...unless you're generally NOT hungry, since skipping a meal might set you up for another "binge." (I'm thinking by binge you're referring to overeating, as binging is a diagnosable eating disorder.) I know if I skip meals, it makes me ravenous!
    I would suggest eating something small but filling, like a salad, yogurt, or soup.
    As for trying to prevent overeating, load up on protein and veggies as much as possible! I find if most of my meal is green vegetables and chicken (or fish, or whatever you choose,) then I'm less likely to overeat.
    For late at night, when the hunger horrors hit, I like to eat sweet fruit like clementines or berries, single serve bags of popcorn, greek yogurt, or Popsicles!
    Also, by filling up with vegetables, you can "save" calories for at night. I do this, since I need a little something before bed. :)
    Hope this all helped!
  • pschmi8807
    pschmi8807 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this as well! Lol I am trying to stay on track with my diet but sweets and greasy delicious burgers scream my name where ever I go. However, I am learning to just drink some hot lemon tea with a teaspoon of honey really helps with my sweet tooth. Also eating enough protein for dinner keeps my White Castle cravings to a minimum lol and skipping any meal isn't good for ya, just makes me cave into unhealthy foods and be a grumpy cat for the rest of the day.