MFP won't sync steps to Fitbit

Options
2»

Replies

• Zdesh
    Zdesh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking there must be something wrong with the app or they've changed something in the latest update. Mine use to sync up just fine with Fitbit and Mapmyfitness. Now I can't get either to work and I've uninstalled and reinstalled both.
  • dcale82
    dcale82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So do you have to go premium to have it sync your exercise from Fitbit now??
  • Terisel888
    Terisel888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is what I am beginning to think. I like myfitnesspal and have been using it off and on for a long time. Really disappointed that this problem just seems to keep get worse.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    dcale82 wrote: »
    So do you have to go premium to have it sync your exercise from Fitbit now??

No. It will still sync with the free version. I had to do a complete reset of the connection between the two the other day to get it to sync and MFP has been slow to update steps/adjustment after that.
    It's possible it is actually a problem on Fitbits end. I'm am having trouble recently just syncing my Fitbit to their app.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have problems from time to time with my Garmin app synching with MFP, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually closing an app or manually synching will get it to go. I'm not familiar with Fitbit in particular though, so can't help you there specifically
  • blackout3890
    blackout3890 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was having an issue with steps or exercise flowing from Fitbit to MFP. From the main menu I went to "Steps" and changed from steps syncing from my iPhone to Fitbit after it was linked and it solved the issue for me.
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried for years to get mine to connect and nothing. But then I read somewhere to connect it from the Fitbit site on an actual computer and to not just use an app on my phone or iPad.

That worked!! I was so excited. Lol. So if you’ve just been trying from your phone try from a computer. Not sure why but it worked for me. If it says it’s already connected when you go to the computer just disconnect and reconnect.
  • mandiekay0519
    mandiekay0519 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    drewrilett wrote: »
    @Japes25 via the MFP website go to Settings > Diary Settings and tick the Enable Negative Adjustments checkbox and click save at the bottom.

@adinewhitcome @AshleighGresty01 @ClarWebb @hipalmer I had the same issue.
    • Disconnect your FitBit from your MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Disconnect.
    • Revoke access to MFP on the FitBit website via Settings > Applications.
    • Re-connect FitBit to MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Connect.
    • Finally (and the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise count.

Hope that helps everyone as it fixed it for me

Thanks man! You are today’s MVP!

• mandiekay0519
    mandiekay0519 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks man, you’re today’s MVP!
  • Alijirwin
    Alijirwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    have done everything above and still wont sync gggrrrr
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Alijirwin wrote: »
    have done everything above and still wont sync gggrrrr

There's an acknowledged issue today - we just have to wait for it to be sorted

ETA: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2976520-fitbit-sync-issues
  • Alijirwin
    Alijirwin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ahh thank you I though I was going crazy
  • claireandalanswedding2922
    Options
    Hi. I have done all of the above and my Fitbit STILL will not sync with MFP.
    I have to do it everyday for my steps to show from my Fitbit to MFP???
    REALLY annoying.
    Can anyone pls help? 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Not mentioned in the comments in this thread that is basic but required.
    And many of the convoluted steps may have made it right.

MFP app settings for Step Source - confirm it says Fitbit AFTER you have confirmed it is setup to be synced accounts.

An app update sometimes loses that setting.
  • claireandalanswedding2922
    Options
    Hi.
    Yes in MFP app it is ticked to use Fitbit steps? 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • angelinacarrara
    angelinacarrara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I contacted MyFitnessPal through their online help

They were very helpful. Not sure if this happened to you but I renamed my username in the app and that created a subsequent account and now both accounts were trying to link to Fitbit which isn’t possible. You will have to have a support person from MyFitnessPal correct this. Use their online site, scroll to the bottom of the page to contact us then click on Click Away under contact support. A Get Help icon in the bottom right presents itself, click it and fill it out. You’ll get an email which you can respond via their email they send you! Good luck everyone! It works for me now!