Diary entry settings for grams.

Options
Hi,

When you add a food item can you adjust the grams according the amount of grams you ate? For example when I selected Don Shaved Roast Chicken 97% Fat Free I couldn't adjust the serving size. The only amounts I saw were 100g, 1g or 1 container and I wanted to add 139g to be exact. This seems to be the case for all food item entries.

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to enter in grams, select the 100 grams and then set your serving size. So if you ate 150g, it would be 1.5 servings of 100g.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You use the 1 gram and X that by how much you ate
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    in your example, choose 1g as your serving size and then enter 139 servings
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Or choose 100 grams and enter 1.39
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Actually you're better off to go with the 100g serving unless you only ate a tiny amount, as otherwise your macros and calories will be off, as they can't accurately be calculated for 1g and will appear as a 0. For example, if there is .02g of fat in a 1 g serving, it will calculate as 0 in your diary, but it really should be 2 (if you ate 100g)
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm not sure the 1 gram will be off, because when you enter a food in the database, it calculates the 1gram values automatically from whatever you put in . Eg if I put in 100 grams of Sultana bran as a brand new food in the database, it puts the 1gram value in there as well. It all comes from the same original value.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Actually you're better off to go with the 100g serving unless you only ate a tiny amount, as otherwise your macros and calories will be off, as they can't accurately be calculated for 1g and will appear as a 0. For example, if there is .02g of fat in a 1 g serving, it will calculate as 0 in your diary, but it really should be 2 (if you ate 100g)

It stores the decimals in the database even if it doesn't display them for 1g. Multiply it by 139 and you'll see exactly the same values as you would entering 1.39x100g. Same difference.