Fitbit Charge disappointment

Options
Am I the only one who dislikes the way the Fitbit Charge looks and feels on your arm? I was so excited to find one in a store today but after taking it home, spending a frustrating 20 minutes trying to secure the clasp with my arthritic hands, I really dislike how it looks and feels. Its going back to the store tomorrow.

Replies

• KelsLovesRando
    Options
    Get the Chare HR. It is only $20 more, has a heart rate monitor and a real watch clasp instead of the stupid one.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    carolemack wrote: »
    Am I the only one who dislikes the way the Fitbit Charge looks and feels on your arm? I was so excited to find one in a store today but after taking it home, spending a frustrating 20 minutes trying to secure the clasp with my arthritic hands, I really dislike how it looks and feels. Its going back to the store tomorrow.

Yeah I'm not sure what kind of clasp the Charge has but Charge HR has a regular watch clasp. It is easy to fasten/unfasten.

• jeffreybas
    jeffreybas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wife and I got one each. She got the charge and I got the charge hr. Still waiting for mine to show up bu I will agree the clasp on the charge just looks dumb and hard to mess with. So far though she hasn't complained and loves hers.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for my Charge HR to arrive this week!
  • jeffreybas
    jeffreybas Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is suppose to be here Tuesday.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any issues with mine but then again I don't have arthritis but I can definitely see how it would be an issue. The band isn't user friendly.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the Charge HR as well due to the better clasp.
  • tiguer
    tiguer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge. Overall, I am happy with it but I wish it had a watch clasp. I've had mine fall off twice, after taking off/putting on a winter coat. So, I'm very worried about losing the darn thing.
  • BC1966
    BC1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my charge took a few weeks to limber up, easy to fasten now..
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I had the charge for two weeks and it left a nasty rash on my arm. So much so two weeks later my skin still hasn't healed. It was way too bulky for my wrist and I missed wearing my real watch. I traded it in for a flex and couldn't be happier with the flex. I like how petite it is and you can change the band. (The rash on my wrist is "abnormal" from the Charge, so I've been told, however, I'm not 100% sure that is the truth based on google reviews)
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I definitely paid the extra money for the Charge HR when I saw that it had the watch type band and clasp. I had two Fitbit Flexes and lost them both because I couldn't seem to get the clasp to stay done. Granted I am recovering from a broken arm and don't have a lot of grip strength to get it closed, but I've heard many people complaining about it. I love the Charge HR's clasp.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I took mine back and am considering the Charge HR although I am also interested in the new Garmin Vivofit 2 that is coming out soon. That one can be left on all the time because you can wear it in the shower, when your swimming, and it has a battery that lasts for a year. I think I will wait until I can see one in the store and just keep using my Fitbit One until then.