Light Lunch

Options
I ate breakfast a little later than I wanted (sauteed spinach and organic greens, two organic eggs, chipotle olive oil, a sweet potato, and a teaspoon of coconut oil). I have to leave for work before 1:30 with the traffic/weather, and I know I probably won't be very hungry at that point (I'm used to going quite a while between meals).

So, I'm looking for some ideas for a light lunch/snack that I can have either right before work, or when I get to work. I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry, but I won't get a chance to eat dinner until closer to 6-7pm. I'm even ok with some kind of snack that I can eat while working- a Larabar or Chobani yogurt tube, but I don't want to make a habit of it. My job has a smoothie bar, but I don't know how to figure the calories of the smoothies, so even though it's a convenient option, it's not ideal.

I do have dinner planned for tonight

Replies

• whatis4dinner
    whatis4dinner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Could you keep some soup warm on your way to work, or take a break for some. Nice warm soup seems more filling to me, a little goes a long way when I'm at work. Easily microwaveable and sippable/gulpable.
  • ftsolk
    ftsolk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Could you keep some soup warm on your way to work, or take a break for some. Nice warm soup seems more filling to me, a little goes a long way when I'm at work. Easily microwaveable and sippable/gulpable.

I took my break at around 5-6pm and had some leftover pasta with vegetables and chicken sausage (in my thermos). I ended up grabbing a pear from my house and having it with a string cheese and a Larabar ALT bar. Not the best, but it worked. Because of the terrible weather here, I ended up having to eat my "lunch" while working.