Flexible Dieting? LCHF?

Options
smeixo
smeixo Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone,

I feel like Im changing my eating habits a lot (from LCHF, to Keto back to LCHF) but weight loss is a journey, right?

Now, I'm reading about Flexible Dieting. Does anyone follow this? I don't mind doing LCHF but I rather not fall off the wagon by having a cheat meal once in a while and then having it turn into a full blown binge because I deprived myself. I've had amazing self control since I've started, and yesterday, even treated myself to a slice of pizza without going over my calories. However, life happens and I'm sure I'll have one of those days where I'll want a cheeseburger (with the bun)! Most importantly, I don't want to feel like I'm "dieting" for the rest of my life hence why I'm starting to question how realistic LCHF would be long term and am interested in the world of Flexible Dieting. What are other people's thoughts?

Thanks for your time! Also, I am always down to have friends and support on here if you want to add. :)

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have been doing flexible dieting for about 7-8 months now and I love it, its easy to stick to, and I have never seen better results. As long as you hit your calories and macros anything goes. Take a look at my diary if you want to see some examples. I really think youll like it. One of the biggest benefits in my mind is no more fearing parties and dinner out because it wont fit your diet, you can just track it ahead of time and enjoy! I totally agree this is a lifelong change and we have to be able to stick to it right? I wish you luck in the future! Keep kicking butt!
  • smeixo
    smeixo Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi @Chrisparadise579‌ ! Thank you so much for your encouraging words! You seriously make me want to consider switching. I'll definitely check out your diary for some inspiration :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it - is there a web site or book or something ?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Yes. Otherwise known as IIFYM. I'd be hating life right now if I wasn't following this approach. I meet my protein needs, then let my other macros fall as they will. I sometimes eat high "junk" and other times I'll eat almost no "junk." It tends to happen in waves, I'll just feel like eating sweets for a while and then after a bit I get tired of it or I start feeling like I need more nutrient-dense foods due to being a bit hungrier than I'd like.