intro

Options
Hello all this is my first attempt at counting my calories. Any advice?

Replies

• janeyjane26
    janeyjane26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my best advice is to plan what you're going to eat for the day, and use MFP to calculate the calories. Record everything you eat and drink. Also at first, I would weigh everything, that way you know exactly what you're eating. The site tends to use cups as a measurement, but if you look through the database some entries have grams / and other measures. Good luck. I have just completed my second week, weigh in tomorrow!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Planning is a very important tool to get in the habit of. Life is still going to happen but if we can plan for things we need to. I have lost 103 lbs and looking forward is an important part of that. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi, my best advice is to plan what you're going to eat for the day, and use MFP to calculate the calories. Record everything you eat and drink. Also at first, I would weigh everything, that way you know exactly what you're eating. The site tends to use cups as a measurement, but if you look through the database some entries have grams / and other measures. Good luck. I have just completed my second week, weigh in tomorrow!
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Planning is a very important tool to get in the habit of. Life is still going to happen but if we can plan for things we need to. I have lost 103 lbs and looking forward is an important part of that. Feel free to add me to your friends list.
    Pretty much what the above ppl stated. It can be overwhelming at first, but be diligent and stick with it and you'll see results. Good luck on your journey
  • roosevelt_beard
    roosevelt_beard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Buy a digital food scale, cost is around 20 dollars. It can really help at first to truly understand serving sizes.