It's all in the head

Options
I am a 59 year old guy living in London. I am reasonably active and cycle into work 3 days a week through Central London - which is a round trip of about 12 miles. Coming out of Christmas I realised that I had let my weight float up over the last 5 months and I was 15 .9 St on Jan 5th. Out of the New year I decided to do something about it. Unconnected to this decision I bought myself an iPad at Christmas and when playing around with the Apps section discovered MFP and started using it to calorie count. I also found the cycle meter app which tracks my cycle ride and connects my calorie burn to my MFP diary on the iPad. These two things - the easy method of tracking calories in and the ones burned through exercise is a game changer. it gives your activities a real point of focus and it is now easy to plan the weight drop to where I want to get to. However these are just support tools - the big difference for me has been a mental shift in attitude. I want to do this and because I can track the results and see the results I think on this occasion it will follow through all the way to my target wieght (13 .7 st). Today - 14 days after starting - I am 15 St which means I have dropped 9lbs in 14 days and feel great. Gerald

Replies