21 Day Fix, help to eat better?

Options
I'm really going back and forth on ordering the 21 Day Fix. I seriously need help with an eating plan because I know that's why I'm not losing weight anymore. However I'm not really interested in doing the workouts that are included (because I do turbo fire, Turbo jam, and PiYo already). Should I order this program and try to follow it because of the benefits of the eating plan or is it not worth it since I'm not going to follow her workouts? I need to lose about 10 pounds to reach my goal weight, already lost 20 thanks to Chalene programs and eating somewhat better and counting calories.

Replies

• sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can order the container system separately from the workout programs now. Beachbody is starting to incorporate the containers with other workouts now. For example, Insanity Max:30. As long as your workouts are around the 30 min timeframe I think you can try it. However, if you workouts burn a lot more calories you will need to add containers.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a caloric deficit?
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    plenty of free diet plans out there if you are looking for something to break habits and move on. I like http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/alt/diet/detox/plan.htm?utm_expid=2678559-51.8w4-kEUNQxWONaYqHjXIsQ.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/ as a clean diet plan, very sensible too
  • nursemomruns
    nursemomruns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have containers already. Rubbermaid, Tupperware, etc. Just use containers that you already have. You can download the worksheets for free off of the beachbody website.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you know you can use MFP for free to count calories and create a deficit...right?
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I have containers already. Rubbermaid, Tupperware, etc. Just use containers that you already have. You can download the worksheets for free off of the beachbody website.
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    you know you can use MFP for free to count calories and create a deficit...right?

This and this. If you don't have tupperware buy some at the dollar store. I've seen portion control system containers at the "$5 and below". Plenty of meal plan free on-line. Congrats on your success so far. Now finish strong!
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    even tho i know there is free *kitten* all over the web, its too overwhelming for me. Even MFP gets to be too much for me. counting and scanning and trying to find the restaurant of add my homecooked meals and sauces... ugh, its too much. i broke and bought the 21 day fix. honestly i love it and hate it. i love it because with the 21DF i say ok i want pea salad for lunch how do i make it fil my containers. Green, my peas (plain) go it, my egg white and ham go into my red container. and then i cheat cause i use a tsp of miricle whip for my peas. and i fit crackers into my yellow. and then i check off what ive eaten and eat whatever is left at dinner and as a snack after if i want. yea its expensive. but theres too much information for me to handle to do well on my own. i hate it cause i cant have sauces or my beloved chinese foods or ice cream, but even after 3 days i can tell how under fed of the good stuff i was and how over fed of the "bad" stuff i was.
  • Silverlaced14
    Silverlaced14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do insanity and T25 and now 21 day fix and love it!! This program really helped me get back on track with portions and her workouts are great and hard lol!
    If you can get it! Love my results so far!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can keep doing into the foreseeable future, you should do
  • Canadian_Empire
    Options
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ <- use this to find out how many calories and macros you need to lose weight. Eat what ever you want as long as you hit around those numbers every day.

Don't go for quick fixes, make a lifestyle change.
  • kamarenholland
    kamarenholland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've eaten "healthy" most of my life, getting the 21 day fix REALLY helped me get back on the right track. It's not really a diet it's more like the food pyramid made easy! It helps you put servings into perspective. Before I did it I was way out of sync, eating way too many carbs, not enough protein, no where near enough veggies. But following this program I can check off food group servings, and the calories balance out to what I should be eating! You can just look up the container sizes and measure your food though, if you're experienced with balanced nutrition/diet. To me it's basically a tool for teaching people HOW and what to eat :smiley:
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Okay, people really seem to hate on this INSTANTLY before really looking at the details for it. Is it just because it's from Beachbody or something? It IS NOT a crash diet. It's only named "21 Day Fix" because of the saying that it takes 21 day to create a HABIT. This is just a program to help make it easy when learning how to properly balance out your meals. They aim to keep you in a proper - HEALTHY! - calorie range while keeping your macros to 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. It TEACHES you in an easy way how to properly balance out your food (without weighing and counting) to get your proper nutrition. I bought it last April and have been (for the most part) using it to measure out my food for the day, it's completely changed the way I prepare my meals. I've lost close to 30lbs, my IBS troubles have disappeared and my B12 & iron levels are no longer deficient. My fiance has even gained the 10lbs he's been having issues keeping on. I'd say that's all a win.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    StDenis89 wrote: »
    Okay, people really seem to hate on this INSTANTLY before really looking at the details for it. Is it just because it's from Beachbody or something? It IS NOT a crash diet. It's only named "21 Day Fix" because of the saying that it takes 21 day to create a HABIT. This is just a program to help make it easy when learning how to properly balance out your meals. They aim to keep you in a proper - HEALTHY! - calorie range while keeping your macros to 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. It TEACHES you in an easy way how to properly balance out your food (without weighing and counting) to get your proper nutrition. I bought it last April and have been (for the most part) using it to measure out my food for the day, it's completely changed the way I prepare my meals. I've lost close to 30lbs, my IBS troubles have disappeared and my B12 & iron levels are no longer deficient. My fiance has even gained the 10lbs he's been having issues keeping on. I'd say that's all a win.

I don't hate the 21 Day Fix, in fact I think it is one of the better solutions that I wouldn't want to choose for myself.

The name is not good, as it makes most people think that it claims to make an obese unhealthy person fit and normal weight in three weeks, which is impossible.

I think the calorie allotment is a bit on the low side, but not drastically, just uneccessarily.

I think the containers are expensive, and you have to keep track of how many times you fill them up. I'd call that counting.

I prefer the flexibility of MFP to set my macros as it suits me, and eat anything I like as long as I watch portions, and the precision I get from weighing my food. I don't think it's difficult to remember a few simple rules like "five a day" and "protein, starch and veg for dinner".

I guess it all depends on what we feel is helpful and what is not helpful.
  • KGRebelRanch
    KGRebelRanch Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've done the 21 day fix, and even when I moved to the highest calorie bracket I was constantly starving. It was really not good for much besides reminding me to eat more veggies in a day. The workouts are okay if you're a beginner, or if you're pressed for time.

My husband called it "The Tiny Container Diet." Some of the containers for certain food groups are ridiculous. Those burgers they show on some of the commercials? I never seemed to have enough containers left if I ate anything like that. It was like the weight watchers point system according to my mom, "You eat a well balanced, portioned meal once a day, and then you get a handful of grapes and a shot of olive oil and you can't have anything else."

I tried it about five times before I stuffed the containers in a drawer. Ifelt ridiculous smearing mustard on a tortilla because that was all I had left for the day and I was ravenous. I could never figure out how to make three solid meals out of it, and I still have the urge to primal scream every time I see grapes. The damn purple containers were always full of grapes because you could eat more of them.

Hated it.
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Since you have done and enjoy other Beachbody programs, I would suggest ordering 21 Day Fix Extreme. It will be released on Monday and the workouts will be more up to par with what you are used to with TurboFire/etc. I did Insanity, T25, Turbofire, and then the regular 21 Day Fix and I still felt it challenging. Am doing Insanity Max 30 now, then on to 21 Day Fix Extreme. I do like the eating program. I agree for some it may be on the low side, but then you just up yourself a level if you are still hungry. But what it does is aim to balance out those macros for you instead of having to log them, and try to figure them out for yourself. It's a good system. And if you already own many beachbody products the newest DVDs will be great to add to your library.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    This^
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What happens on Day 22?

and This^
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    We seem to have a few beachbody coaches here.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Would the BB "coaches" please be honest and identify themselves?