Lincolnshire lass (uk) needing friend & support

Options
hey I'm Zoe, been using this for a week along with my Fitbit flex, all week has been fine but really struggled this weekend. Any friends and support would be appreciated hugely

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there Zoe,
    From Yorkshire myself!

Wishing you all the very best with all your goals!

Adam
  • 13yayabo
    13yayabo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Scotland. Been using MFP after a family member's amazing success. I Have lost 2 stone since october but am at a stalemate because of xmas hols and can't seem to get back on track fully, some good days some bad days so not putting weight on but it's not good! Not recording all my food because I forget. Do you exercise? I haven't started yet, want to lose as much as possible withiut exercise before i get on my treadmill. Hope your week starts on a positive note, beginning of a new week and all. Do you have a lot to lose?
  • zoweena78
    zoweena78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys. I've put 2 stone on over the last couple of years, most of it since June last year as I broke my pelvis, so I'm a bit steady on the exercise part, well tbh I say steady, nope I don't exercise at all. I'm trying to do 10000 steps but can't get them all in. I seem to run out of hours in a day.
    I've not used my diary this weekend as I've been really bad, but prepped everything for tomorrow, fingers crossed I have a good week eating and move a little more.
    I'd like to lose 2 stone
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe,
    I'm a Brit, too. (from Lancashire) I'm trying to shift 2stone, hopefully aiming for 23 - 25% body fat.
    I really really love junk food but I also love cycling, running, swimming, riding and my gym, so trying to fall in love with heathly, simple food. So far it's working!

Do you use the MFP app on your phone? It makes tracking so much easier!
  • zoweena78
    Options
    I just love picking at stuff but it's usually all the wrong stuff. I'm using it and up until the weekend I wasn't doing too bad. I'm going to stick with it and make sure I put everything down, really like how easy the app is to use though
  • keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from Lincolnshire too :) I've recently come back to MFP and trying to stay on track. I think it's always good to go back and log your food even if you've had a bad weekend. It helps you stay mindful about what you eat later on in the week, and you might even find that on average the calories evened out ok in the following days.
  • zoweena78
    Options
    Where about in Lincolnshire and thank you I didn't think of it that way, tend to think once it goes wrong just scrap it
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Lincolnshire too! Friend me if you like. Good luck!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi there and best of luck to you. Weekends are the hardest for me as well. Please feel free to add me.
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello! I grew up in Lincolnshire and then moved south where there are these strange green lumps that rise out of the ground (I'm reliably informed that they're called "hills") and peoples idea of a drainage ditch is laughable in its tinyness.
    Good luck! I used to struggle at the weekend too but when you realise it's a lifestyle change and not a diet it gets easier :)
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    PS Never think scrap it! It's really really useful to know what you can get away with! You need an accurate record. Also, you forget. I can on the scales on Thursdays, wonder why I've lost no weight, look back at my diary and think "oh, yes. Oops."
    Then other times you might have a real binge but get away with it because you were really really active at the same time. It's all useful knowledge!
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    From Grimsby, NE lincs.

Firstly I'm no fitness guru..not even close. However over the past year MFP along with iCardio and a HRM has seen me loose over a stone and get back into some kind of shape. Currently training for Tough mudder next year and hoping to do a few 10K's this year :-) A year ago exercise wasn't even in my vocabulary.

MFP is a great way to loose weight. Not only does it make you mindful of the foods your eating i have found it stops me eating the foods i shouldn't be eating! I.e. oooo i fancy a bag of Malteasers...On second thoughts look at the calories they contain! Lets have an apple instead.

Also i find if i know i'm going to be having a takeaway (Muchos Calories!) i ensure i burn more calories by doing more exercise. For example tonight i wanted a Chow mein so i went for a 4 mile run on top of my normal work out session. Gave me enough calorie credits to remain within my calorie limit.

What i would suggest is don't try loosing weight to fast and don't get downhearted if you don't see the results as quickly as you'd like. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day :-)

Stick with it! You can do it!

Shaun.
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Lincolnshire person here too, always happy to lend encouragement, so feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • zoweena78
    Options
    I'm from Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and also your kind words of encouragement. Definitely what I need. A new day and start of a week, hoping to do better this week.

I am trying to add you all as friends but it's deciding not to let me atm, so if you get chance please add me.
  • kirstycecilia
    kirstycecilia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from Peterborough but live in Essex and using the flex too! I think weekends are hard as, if you're at home, the fridge is never far away while if you're out you don't want to be unsociable. With exercise, I need to improve mine but have found it hard to fit in with work. I've found just changing some behaviours (like stairs instead of lifts, walking up escalators and walking instead of driving short distances) has helped a lot.
  • zoweena78
    Options
    I struggle fitting it in with work and 2 young boys, been running up and down the stairs in sets of 10 & jogging around the office (getting funny stares).
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Fellow Yellow Belly here! Originally from South Lincs but now in Notts :)
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire lass here, Hull-based so not that far away from you. I got a Fitbit last May and it's helped a lot. I don't always hit my target but I try and I don't feel guilty if I don't. I find that helps, try your best but drop the guilt, not productive. Acknowledge when you've slipped up, tell yourself you can do better and move on. Positivity has been the key for me - I'm doing this because I want to be better, not because I don't like who I am now. I bought a cross trainer (£50ish from Argos) and I try to do a few 1000 steps on that a day which helps boost my numbers if I can't get out for a walk due to time constraints/other commitments.

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Small sustainable changes over a long period of time work better than trying to do *everything* at once and overwhelming yourself. That's why I got a handle on my diet first, then got a Fitbit, then joined the gym. I'm now a year in and I've lost over 3 stone (it would have been a bit more but Christmas happened LOL) with 2 more to go.
  • Cymru25
    Cymru25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    13yayabo wrote: »
    Hi I'm from Scotland. Been using MFP after a family member's amazing success. I Have lost 2 stone since october but am at a stalemate because of xmas hols and can't seem to get back on track fully, some good days some bad days so not putting weight on but it's not good! Not recording all my food because I forget. Do you exercise? I haven't started yet, want to lose as much as possible withiut exercise before i get on my treadmill. Hope your week starts on a positive note, beginning of a new week and all. Do you have a lot to lose?

• zoweena78
    Options
    I've just been given an exercise bike so going to use that every night, then if I cant get my steps in I've at least done some exercise.
    I have noticed over the past week that I have to work on lowering my carbs, so that's something to look at, but tiny steps seems to be the way forward.