Was doing so well, how do I get back on track?!

Options
Hi folks, been using MFP since October have lost 2 stone. Was feeling so positive, like i had rewritten my eating habits hardrive sucesfully for the first time in 20 years of dieting. But then xmas came along and cold dark winter nights and the need for comfort food is overwhelming sometimes. Am just so annoyed with myself for falling off the wagon! Am 2 lb lighter since before the holidays but have stalled not because my tummy is hungry but because my head is letting me down. I want to get out of this fog!!!! Anyone any words which would equate to the kick up the backside I need at the moment?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You are the only person who can make you do it. Think about your "why". Why do you want it and how hard are you willing to work for it?
  • gnik1
    gnik1 Posts: 30
    Options
    It's like the saying when you fall off the horse just get back on. I know I went AWOL for the whole of 2014 and put back all I lost. I re-started on the 27 Dec counting my calories and tried to be honest when counting even when I knew that it would push me over my allotted quota.Doing that put my mind in the correct space for the next day. Coupled with exercising and this I am back in range when I fell off the wagon.

Just do it!!
  • SeattleinJune
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I was doing incredible, and I even did well through the holidays, but then right after the holidays, I started going way off track. I think I felt deprived over the holidays and was trying to make up for it. But about to get right back on track. I know a little bit of eating healthy, and walking, will up my motivation. Make yourself eat right and walk for 2days, and you'll probably feel back on track. Good Luck :)
  • weddingcountdown26
    Options
    Be honest with everything and meal plan. If you want something bad try and find a healthy alternative.
    I love chocolate but have found shape 99 cal pudding pots which do the trick
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym or doing other really hard, sweaty exercise usually helps me get back in gear. Try that.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    gnik1 wrote: »
    It's like the saying when you fall off the horse just get back on. I know I went AWOL for the whole of 2014 and put back all I lost. I re-started on the 27 Dec counting my calories and tried to be honest when counting even when I knew that it would push me over my allotted quota.Doing that put my mind in the correct space for the next day. Coupled with exercising and this I am back in range when I fell off the wagon.

Just do it!!

Pretty darn close to my story. I lost 43 pounds in 2013 and the beginning of 2014 and I pretty much gave up for the rest of the year. I just made a list for the grocery store and a meal plan and BAM! Here I am again. And I know that I can't just quit and give up tracking if I go over. I was shaming myself. And if anything, seeing my calories go over probably would have helped me to re-evaluate. All I did by avoiding logging was turning a blind eye to my falling off the wagon. Get up, dust yourself off, know that you cannot change what you did in the past, but you can change your future.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you weight loss. I think we all fall down here or there and need to pick ourselves up and start again. Set yourself a small goal that you can achieve quickly. That will help get some of your confidence back. Then set another one. Soon you will be back on track and in the right frame of mind. Good luck. Believe in yourself.
  • Cayton556
    Options
    Hi, I am relatively new to this having only got the App 2 weeks ago but I have lost 9 lbs in 14 days and think the solution is pretty straight forward. You need to add exercise activities to your diary every day. I cycle to work or go on the gym bike at home for an hour while catching up on TVs shows I have missed on the iPad. Or simply walking a circuit- my wife and went for a walk around the park today and covered 5 miles and burned 360 cals in the process.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Falling off and getting back up and on track is part of the process. It's going to happen. It's a learning experience. That's all it is. It is NOT a testament to your willpower or determination or dedication. It's simply a part of life and learning. The sooner you give yourself permission to be human, the faster you allow yourself to get back on track. Staying OFF track is allowing self-sabotage. THAT is unacceptable. When you hear the negativity ringing in your ears, turn up the volume to the music that you want to exercise to. Falling off (occasionally) is ok. Staying off is giving up.
  • mtabboula
    mtabboula Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Virkati said it all! We all are human and slip up. Remind yourself why you started this journey. To fell better, or look better, improve your health or all three... success is wonderful but we learn more about ourselves when we face and conquer obstacles!