Before and after :-)

Options
Shauna2626
Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
I'm still a work in progress - there's always room for improvement, but I've come a long way!! Sometimes I need to stop and remember where I was when I first started my fitness journey and appreciate that my hard work has paid off, rather than focus on my shortcomings :smile:
I was around 170 lbs in the "before" picture, and around 125 lbs in the "after."

beforeandafter2_zps2cbc2b63.jpg

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :( AMAZING! TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR STORY! NOW I'M CURIOUS :#
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow good for you!!! you look terrific.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • Shauna2626
    Options
    Thanks! :smiley:
    During my teen years, my parents struggled with overeating and as a family, we didn't eat a very healthful diet. We went out a lot and ate too much fast food. I really struggled with overeating, emotional eating, and body image issues.
    During my first year of college, I was on the university's meal plan, which meant frequent access to buffet-style meals. That didn't go very well for me.
    Finally I decided that I had to get off the meal plan and start buying & preparing my own food. I started eating more sensibly, made myself get used to correct portion sizes, and also decided that I might as well take advantage of my school's rec center.
    I started counting calories and working out, and the weight steadily came off. I lost about 45 lbs.
    I later re-gained some of the weight due to life circumstances (new boyfriend who I'm now married to, traveling abroad, graduating college, etc.) so I joined MFP to take it off again! Now I'm focused on keeping it off, and gaining some more muscle definition.

I'm 23 years old, and about 5 ft 2 in. tall.
    HW: 172 on 2/17/2011
    Previous lowest weight: 126 on 1/25/2012
    Regained some weight, later joined MFP
    GW1: 128 - achieved on 7/30/14
    Currently around 125 lbs and 26% body fat
  • keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    Good work, you look great.
  • Shauna2626
    Options
    Thanks! I still have struggles, but I'm better equipped to handle them now. I still also really enjoy eating, but I taught myself moderation and thankfully I really like working out now, which was NOT always the case, lol.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you really do look fantastic and it's amazing that you were able to accomplish so much with so many detractors. Congratulations!!!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • Shauna2626
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I lost my dear father in May, and I had been scared that when something heartbreaking inevitably happened in my life, I would revert back to my old eating habits and re-gain lots of weight. I did gain a few lbs right after his passing, as I consciously allowed myself a break from calorie counting and ate things I normally wouldn't as a source of comfort.
    However, instead of going back to my old ways, I have been using the gym as a healthy outlet for my emotions. Working on my fitness goals has really helped me keep going and focus on something positive.
  • luista205
    Options
    Shauna2626 wrote: »
    I'm still a work in progress - there's always room for improvement, but I've come a long way!! Sometimes I need to stop and remember where I was when I first started my fitness journey and appreciate that my hard work has paid off, rather than focus on my shortcomings :smile:
    I was around 170 lbs in the "before" picture, and around 125 lbs in the "after."

beforeandafter2_zps2cbc2b63.jpg

• mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! And that is so inspiring how you manage your emotions without resorting to food. :smile:
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. :) well done!!!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing!!!
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    All your hard work has paid off ~ You really look Great !!! I'm sure you feel a lot better in more ways than one. I love MFP and how it keeps us accountable as well as eating right ~ in moderation along with good exercise. CONGRATULATIONS ! Keep up your new lifestyle and Congrats. on the marriage.
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I never get tired of seeing before/after pics and hearing success stories. You look great!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! What an inspiration.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome, friend! I gained after my mom passed away and it took everything I had in me to not go off the deep end. I still struggle now and then, but am better equipped to deal with it. Having friends like you as an example and for support plays a huge part in my success.
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible! Amazing :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!