Best food scale

Options
My weight loss has slowed a bit in the last couple of months (partly because of Christmas, but still). I am thinking I need to tighten up my logging and I am in the market for a good, reasonably priced food scale. What are your recommendations- those who use them daily to weigh your food? I bought one a few weeks ago (from Walmart I think). I'm not sure what brand it is, but it is difficult to use- the mode button is on the bottom and it's hard to get it to tare to zero and then it keeps saying fluid oz. (which I know you should just use a measuring cup for that). Anyway, it was a cheap one, I can't seem to get it to work very well and I need one that is easy to use. I was looking on Amazon after I googled "best food scale" and it came up with the EatSmart brand (I think?) and it was about $20 (on sale) for the smaller one that measured to the gram.

I thought that this would be a good place to ask also - so recommendations please! Thank you so much!

Replies

• moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like the Starfrit scale. Super easy to use and around the $20 mark.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Just look for one you think will be easy to use and make sure it has a tare function. I got a Biggest Loser scale from Wal-Mart for $18 works great
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Of you are aCostco member, they have a Polter scale on sale. I have nothing to compare it to, but it does it's job.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have Cuisinart digital and it's very easy to use, from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
  • jocooper43016
    jocooper43016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been using the EatSmart Precision for the past year. $20 on Amazon, rated 4.7 with 7300+ reviews. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N07KUE/
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour the other day at the store trying 10 different ones- you can try them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I weighed my glass case and found every electronic scale gave me a very different number. The one that seemed the most accurate was the non electric- has a little bowl and when you put the food in it and the scale shows you in lines like the old fashioned weight scale. It was $10 dollars and seems to be working well.
  • chetrog
    chetrog Posts: 18
    Options
    I also got the Biggest Loser scale at Walmart. I like it a lot.

Cost me $25
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have this scale and love it. Have had it for over 2 years and haven't had a single problem. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/85441-cuisinart-stainless-steel-11-lb-digital-scale.html