LOSE...NOT LOOSE

Options
You want to lose weight. You want your clothes to be loose.
It's been driving me crazy.

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    drives me crazy too and it's against the rules to correct grammar on here. lame
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    also people who confuse weigh for weight. you "weigh" your food. you don't "weight" your food.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I notice that a lot here. Not sure if maybe it's peoples auto correct swapping around the words maybe because it's very common here.
  • darktolight
    Options
    :smiley:
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Everyone on this forum ought to be required to read that before posting here.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I gave up this fight years ago.
  • tyandlindsma
    tyandlindsma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yay..thank you for posting this!! :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah, well, English isn't even my first language but at least I get that one right. I will never comprehend how common it is not to take pride in one's mother tongue, have to use eye bleach here on a daily basis.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yeah well the last time I posted about this very thing it turned into a very hateful posts from others about me being too judgmental and how for some, English might be their second language, or they may be in a hurry when posting from their phones, etc. The post was closed by the admins because it got so bad (although I responded to none of it).

It still drives me nuts, but I (mostly) just ignore it.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is educated in the same way. Not everyone has English as their first language. I think it is more important to listen to what is being said or asked. After all none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.
  • lyfechange2015
    Options
    Spelling is one of those things that really drive me nuts. Especially when I accidentally read it the way they wrote it and I'm sitting there like...what??? I usually try to turn my cheek and ignore it, because I don't want to be a spelling or grammar cop. I know how annoying that can be.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    spelling is vary importent
  • lyfechange2015
    Options
    ^lmao
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is educated in the same way. Not everyone has English as their first language. I think it is more important to listen to what is being said or asked. After all none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.

Actually the absolute basics are a complete and utter mess in many cases where the writer's first language is English. It's unbelievable to me that many foreigners manage to learn the language better in their few years of language classes in school. Obvious typos are one thing but sub-standard spelling is appalling.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    spelling is vary importent
    glad it's not impotent....

• M155y647
    M155y647 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As long as I can understand what is being typed, it doesn't really bother me. Besides, we're all here to motivate each other to lose weight and not to be criticized for grammatical errors. Real ppl are struggling with their weight and health issues, let's focus on that shall we?
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    Yeah, well, English isn't even my first language but at least I get that one right. I will never comprehend how common it is not to take pride in one's mother tongue, have to use eye bleach here on a daily basis.

Yes! I actually saw a user name that is something like, "LivingtoLoose." I have to laugh. I would love to see pride in a well-written sentence return.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    No judgement here. Just my OCD.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

Well of course, but why does it, at times, become such a contentious argument? When you know better you can do better.