Maintaining, not sure about my TDE...

Options
mistimn
mistimn Posts: 58 Member
I adjusted my fitness profile to maintain my weight because it was still set to loose and it brought me from 1350 calories to 1820, I feel like this is a high increase, I am very active but an extra 470 a day seems high to me, I thought it would rise maybe 200? Thoughts??? I run 5/6 times a week on average about 25 minutes and my calorie burns are about 140-190 depending on my speed. I'm looking for some who may have reached their goal weight and if mfp was accurate or not to maintain. Thanks!

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Well, how much were you losing at 1350? A pound a week is 500 calories a day. So if you were set to lose a pound a week, 1820 is right on track for maintenance.

Also, that's not high at all... My maintenance is around 1700 and I'm short and at a healthy weight. The average maintenance for an adult woman is 2000.
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, how much were you losing at 1350? A pound a week is 500 calories a day. So if you were set to lose a pound a week, 1820 is right on track for maintenance.

Also, that's not high at all... My maintenance is around 1700 and I'm short and at a healthy weight. The average maintenance for an adult woman is 2000.

It was set to loose a pound a week :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

It was set to loose a pound a week :)

Sounds about right, then! Enjoy your extra calories :)