Insanity vs Power90X

Options
Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
When I get to 125 I want to do either Insanity or Power 90X. I need to know the pro's & con's of each. I workout in the basement and think I noticed that power 90 needed a pull up bar. No where really to put that since we have a drop ceiling. Anybody tried both and have a preference? Also I have a slight knee problem that I hope gets better when I get the weight off but are the both extreme on the knees?

Thanks,
Amanda

Replies

• hintonh357
    hintonh357 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depending on what kind of results you want. I think P90x is more weight training and getting more mucle definiton. Insanity is more overall fitness. Insanity will blast the fat and get you toned down. I prefer insanity.....
  • CrDsHrK44
    CrDsHrK44 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have both. I do insanity in the mourning and p90x at night. p90x does require extra equiptment to do all of the exercises. Such as: push-up bars, yoga block if you're not flexible enough, weights, and a chin up bar. While insanity is pure cardio and doing the exercises without extra equiptment. The insanity workouts burn a lot of calories. So does p90x. p90x burns calories and adds muscle with the weights, bands and push-up bars. It is really up to you. p90x will cost you more because of all the extra stuff but it helps build muscle as well. I really enjoy both. I use a heart rate monitor to see exactly how much and p90x will be burn me around 700 calories on a normal day. While insanity will burn me around 900 on a normal day. Any questions on the workouts for either let me know with a pm and I will tell you.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    How often do you do insanity and how long are the workouts?
  • CrDsHrK44
    Options
    Insanity is 6 days a week with Sunday being your off day. P90X is also 6 days a week with Sunday being an optional stretch. For all of the workouts the vary from 45 - 60 minutes except yoga on p90x which is 90 minutes. If you want indivdual for all workouts let me know I have the books next to me.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've been leaning more toward Insanity for some reason. I am short and don't want to add additional bulk so that sounds like the way to go.

Amanda
  • CrDsHrK44
    Options
    It is a big calorie burn. It is more geared towards losing weight and staying thin. No weights involved so building lean muscle. While you can do P90X with lighter weights and more reps and do the same but there is that extra cost of equiptment for P90X.
  • eleahy9
    eleahy9 Posts: 3
    Options
    how do you track the p90x and the insanity on your exercise tracker?
  • CrDsHrK44
    Options
    I track it by using my heart rate monitor and using the burn as a cardio exercise and track the calorie burn.