Tips for Getting Started!

Options
Getting started and sticking with it is very hard...I know. I've given up and failed more times than I can count, but I did not have the proper support and motivation and ideas of what I want to even get to where I wanted to be! This time I am ten times more motivated and ready! Here are my personal tips of getting started and sticking to it:

1. Find a buddy! It can be a friend, co-worker, or a family member. Find someone who already has experience in healthy eating and fitness. Ask them for advice and tips. They can really help you out since they're more experienced than you! Also, work out with them too if you can! Having a buddy can really make a difference!

2. Create a journal or blog! Create a journal or a blog to write down your goals, meal plans, progress, etc. Be sure to be constant at writing about your goals and progress to keep yourself motivated and ready!

3. Find athletes and fitness gurus to follow online! You can get on youtube and find so many videos of fitness junkies! You can find your ideal person that you can look up to and follow what they're doing and get ideas from them to add into your diet or routine! Personally, I love to follow Nikki Blackketter! She is amazing!!!

4. Get rid of the junk food in your home! If you have junk food around you, it can be very tempting to eat unhealthy! Trust me! Fill your fridge and pantry with nothing but healthy foods and snacks! Fruits and veggies are a must!!! They are the best thing to snack on for a healthy diet!

5. Begin a routine! Pick certain times a day where you exercise, eat, etc. Once you get into a routine, it will be hard NOT to exercise or eat a meal! Also, NEVER skip breakfast!!! It is the most important meal you can eat!

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as junk food. All food can be healthy when eaten in moderation.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as junk food. All food can be healthy when eaten in moderation.
    +1
  • lyfechange2015
    Options

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but sometimes when junk food (sweets, sodas, processed foods) are in the house, someone may go from eating in moderation to binge eating. Having these high calorie, high sugar foods is not healthy.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    edited January 2015
    Options

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but sometimes when junk food (sweets, sodas, processed foods) are in the house, someone may go from eating in moderation to binge eating. Having these high calorie, high sugar foods is not healthy.

It's usually more likely that the person will binge when they eliminate junk food from their diet. That's why it's better to learn portion control and more importantly, self-control around these foods.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options

It's actually more likely that the person will binge when they eliminate junk food from their diet. That's why it's better to learn portion control and more importantly, self-control around these foods.

ui4keF0.jpg
  • lyfechange2015
    Options

It's actually more likely that the person will binge when they eliminate junk food from their diet. That's why it's better to learn portion control and more importantly, self-control around these foods.

You have a point. Thanks for bringing that tip to my attention! I posted these tips from my own personal experience. I relied on high calorie, sugary, fatty foods all my life, and that made me absolutely miserable! That's why I decided to change and eat healthier and eliminate those high calorie, fatty foods from my diet for a while! :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

You have a point. Thanks for bringing that tip to my attention! I posted these tips from my own personal experience. I relied on high calorie, sugary, fatty foods all my life, and that made me absolutely miserable! That's why I decided to change and eat healthier and eliminate those high calorie, fatty foods from my diet for a while! :)

That's fine, it's your choice! Just saying that it is totally okay for you to incorporate those foods into your diet! You don't have to deprive yourself. You deserve to enjoy foods you like.