Wii Fit U-Fit Meter?

Options
Does anyone have any experience with how accurate the calorie and step counts are on the Fit Meter that comes with Wii Fit U?

I've been using it when I take walks at lunch to get a hopefully better estimate than the defaults. If it's sufficiently accurate that I don't need to save up money to buy a FitBit or VivoFit that'd be awesome! (I usually try not to eat all my calories anyway in case it's overestimating. But it doesn't record steps just by shaking it the way things like the Pokéwalker I had in college would do)

Replies

• granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I compared my wii fit u to a few websites that caculcated calories expended when walking. The websites used my weight, estimated speed and stride length. It turned out that my wii fit u overestimated calories burnt by almost a factor of 2.
  • ElusivePete
    ElusivePete Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to underestimate the steps a bit. I've had similar problems with other pedometer-type devices though. I think it may be because I've got unusually short legs!
  • jwedebro
    Options
    I wore it on the elliptical last night (walking pace). It told me 71 calories compared to 100 displayed on the screen.
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've found mine to be pretty accurate compared to my heart rate monitor. I don't pay attention to the machines or apps...I use them to log, but then adjust the kcal burn # based on my monitor.