Not well after 30DS why ?? Advise please

Im really pleased iv got started on this. i weight 175lbs so although overweight im sure i shouldnt feel this bad. I felt sick after and weak, wobbly too. is this normal ? does it improve ? and whats best to do after iv finished i.e drink or food ??
i did this just before lunchtime so maybe not on an empty stomach? thats the only reason i could think of.
Also what do i class this 20 min work out when logging my exercise ??

Replies

• epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    I would advise a snack about an hour before doing exercise if you're new to it, and then eat within 30-60 minutes after exercise. Your body will tell you what works best. Some people do better with say, toast and peanut butter before a workout, others a banana, and some like yogurt. For an easy post-workout snack, chocolate milk has the perfect balance of protein and carbohydrate. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. You should only need water - no need for sports drinks etc.

When I did 30DS I logged it as 27 minutes (warm up and stretching) of circuit training.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Hydrate and get a decent amount of high-quality food about an hour or so before you start. Sounds like low blood sugar to me.

You could try logging it as circuit training, but the calorie burn will probably be incorrect. Heart-rate monitor will get you a more accurate reading.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Are you drinking enough water? Make sure you are staying hydrated! Dehydration can easily make you nauseous/ dizzy. Eat a small amount of carbs before and after your workout (whole grain bread, rice, etc.) Protein is your friend. I like to drink chocolate milk after my work-out if I don't have protein shake mix at the handy. And yes, working out on an empty stomach will make you feel not so good. Good luck!
  • thanks for all your replies, a lesson learned. I just want to enjoy the buzz of doing the exercise, not deal with feeling sick and weak. not good !!
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    I felt the same way the first time I did it as well. The second day was a lot better. I now do my workout in the morning before breakfast and drink water before, during and after. I usually am able to drink a whole 16oz while doing it.

Is it your first day doing it? If so it will get better. :) Good luck! You can do it!!
  • yeah its my first day doing it.. im walking a bit funny now, my legs feel so stiff. do i need to do some more stretches ?? my i ask what you logged the exercise as ??
  • I log it as circuit training. And wait until the 3rd day, then your legs will be feeling it. If you feel like stretching go for it, I love stretchin, not like it'll do any harm.
  • 34e6nb
  • please ignore above lol.. tried posting a pic to to test if iv worked it out.. totally off topic
  • JamBlaze
    JamBlaze Posts: 90 Member
    I'd do all of the above suggestions, give it a few more days, see how you go. If you find it getting easier - great. But if you end up feeling worse and weaker, don't beat yourself up for having a day or two off. After a week of 30DS my muscles were just a mess. For me personally, doing it every day just didn't give them enough time to recover. It was only when an old ankle injury flared up that I finally took a break - but the break ended up being a WEEK, because it took my foot ages to recover. I'd just pushed it too far in my eagerness.

It's always extremely tempting when you're doing a new program to throw yourself into it, head first. You feel like a failure if you don't do everything perfectly, first time. But the workout isn't going anywhere. Learning to identify the difference between feeling a bit sore and tired, and feeling overworked and exhausted, is a very important tool when you start to exercise regularly. Good luck!

... Jillian is a right pain in the *rse, right? ;P
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I get wobbly and fuzzy sometimes and don't have the energy to do the workout properly. I find having a snack (with protein) half hour to an hour before-depending on the size of the snack helps.

I log all Jillian as circuit training. Theres a catagory for stretching too.
  • I have to pump the water or else I get that light headed feeling. I do it in the morning before I eat - but everyone needs to find what works for them. Good luck! I am on day two of the level 1 30 day shred. I record it as Aerobic - low impact. I noticed if logging as circuit training, it notes you burn more calories. I'm just happy to be moving and sweating :)
  • I'd do all of the above suggestions, give it a few more days, see how you go. If you find it getting easier - great. But if you end up feeling worse and weaker, don't beat yourself up for having a day or two off. After a week of 30DS my muscles were just a mess. For me personally, doing it every day just didn't give them enough time to recover. It was only when an old ankle injury flared up that I finally took a break - but the break ended up being a WEEK, because it took my foot ages to recover. I'd just pushed it too far in my eagerness.

It's always extremely tempting when you're doing a new program to throw yourself into it, head first. You feel like a failure if you don't do everything perfectly, first time. But the workout isn't going anywhere. Learning to identify the difference between feeling a bit sore and tired, and feeling overworked and exhausted, is a very important tool when you start to exercise regularly. Good luck!

... Jillian is a right pain in the *rse, right? ;P

yes lol, ''dont give up now if you want the results''