Hump & Moobs

Options
As upsetting and embarrassing as it is to admit. I have a rather big hump on my upper back from (A) bad posture and (B) being extremely over weight for the vast majority of my life (171.6KG - 378 Pounds). Plus the man boobs, oh the agony of the embarrassing man boobs lol

So far, I'm 19 days into my new life style of a balanced diet and exercise routine. I'm really enjoying it. I'm down 4.4Kgs (9.70034 pounds) and I'm beginning to notice that clothes are fitting better already and I'm very proud of my small success thus far :)

The question I have, is there any exercises that I can do at home to straighten out the hump on my back and to turn my moobs back into something that even slightly resembles a man's chest?

Thanks everyone :smiley:

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am sure someone will suggest lifting.
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    For posture nothing has helped me like yoga.
  • InspireM3World
    Options
    I would like to do yoga but I think I'll have to drop more weight before attempting that haha
  • llf_fpk
    llf_fpk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try Ys an Ts to strengthen the shoulders?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your dr? It sounds like a problem that needs physical therapy and/or possibly surgery, not something you can deal with on your own.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    For the moobs, a calorie deficit plus full-body strength training, using heavy weight. Stronglifts or Starting Strength are decent programs for that.

There are different kinds of "humps", with different solutions. Try to post a pic, viewed from the side, while standing as tall as you can (you can blot out your face).
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I would hesitate to offer lifting weights as a solution until you have the hump checked out by a Dr.

The moobs could be because of being over weight or Gynecomastia.

I had a nice set starting when I was over 200 pounds. :) Fortunately for me mine was just extra fat and not because of hormones.

I started weight lifting and cutting body fat and my posture and body fat (including my moobs) got better.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I would like to do yoga but I think I'll have to drop more weight before attempting that haha

I'm no yogi and I think you should talk to a doctor before trying these, but there are yoga moves you can do. I'm not suggesting that you sit on the floor with your arms and legs intertwined, but the palm tree and flamingo poses demonstrated here might be a good place to start--after your doc gives you permission, of course.

There's another palm tree pose I've done where you bend and hold--i'm sure there are youtube videos of that and many others.