Introduce my self

Options
Hi my Name is Ted, I just started using this site, and I am really impressed.

Brief Bio, I am retired military and a senior citizen who is over 80 pounds overweight. I have a goal of 174 and have reached goal at least 4 times in the last 30 years. I was a Weight Watchers member (till they closed down in my town) and was a Weight Watcher Leader for several years. I have tried almost every program there is and have had varying degrees of success.

My experience has show me that counting calories (every bite that goes in) along with exercise is the road to success.

I have learned a lot in the last couple of days using this site and checking group discussions and hope to learn more. One thing being a Group Leader taught me is that people on what ever program really want other to succeed, I thing its the inherent nature of most to root for those who are on the same path. We may see their success as a sign that there is hope for us.
I look forward to advise and encouragement from the group.

Replies

• KiwiJo42
    KiwiJo42 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Ted. Id love to support you. Im in my 40,s and up until recently I had a management position for a decade. I have only been on mfp for about two months and I find it fun and informative. Im active and my husband and I travel around NZ walking half marathons, our 7 year old son often bikes them too. You already sound committed and motivated, keep on keeping on. I will put in a friend request and youre welcome to accept if you wish.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi Ted! I've lost 110 lbs and kept it off. Feel free to add me!