Working out while having Bronchitis/Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis

Options
kdb7110
kdb7110 Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
it's a lot harder to try. you only get a few hours to do anything before your internal body's battery runs out. My method or routine for this is to go for a long speed walk first, no jogging. To loosen up the lungs and phlegm. Then immediately go to the gym and shoot baskets for no more than an hour. No getting into pickup games. Your battery will run out too quickly. Then just do light bodywork exercises that are mostly working on your core. I find doing planks and different variations of push ups keeps you tone from when you're ready to lift weights. Everyone's different so what may work for me, might not work for others.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Frankly, you should focus on getting well. Brisk walking sounds like all I would be able to manage. And when you're tired - rest.

You can tear up your lungs working them too hard when they are full of crap.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Too much moving around when i am sick with an upper respiratory issue for me is just as bad as not enough moving around. I average pneumonia about 3 times a year and sometimes bronchitis too.

Everything in Moderation. At most i would take a few short walks. Every time i push myself i end up in the hospital getting breathing treatments.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Be gentle with yourself. You're dealing with two fairly serious illnesses at once; your body needs rest to recover.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Stay home get better and don't spread your germs all over the gym.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Stay home get better and don't spread your germs all over the gym.

ugh, exactly what I was thinking! exercise outside if you must but don't go to the gym and give it to everyone else.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    When you're ill you rest...period! There'll be plenty of time to workout when you're ok again.