Anyone Doing Piyo?

Options
I am starting the program later this week once my DVDs arrive. I've used several Beachbody workouts and I am a fan of the quality and structure of their other programs such as P90X and T25. Have any of you used, or using Piyo currently? What are your thoughts? :smiley:

Replies

• makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2. I love it for the stretch and the limber feeling I have once done. I'm feeling sore in places I didn't know I had! I work up a good sweat, and my heart rate goes up, but I don't think it replaces cardio. I'm still doing my gym routine.
  • hellodiane
    hellodiane Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just need it for crosstraining days. Hoping to regain some of my flexibility, sounds like this will help!
    Thanks! :)
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, how much did you spend to get the PiYo DVDs?
  • makelemonade14
    makelemonade14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    jbee27 wrote: »
    I think I paid $60? I can't remember for sure. I bought the standard kit without shakeology. It was during the launch promo so shipping was free. Local classes are $5/each, so it quickly paid for itself.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    jbee27 wrote: »
    I think I paid $60? I can't remember for sure. I bought the standard kit without shakeology. It was during the launch promo so shipping was free. Local classes are $5/each, so it quickly paid for itself.

Thanks! I've been debating if I wanted to purchase, I have a friend who is a Beachbody coach, but I don't want to get bombarded with sales pitches for Shakeology and the whole shebang.
  • smurph1968
    smurph1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I recently paid $70 for the basic set on Amazon. I'm on week two, I really like it! I do PiYo in the mornings and run or play tennis in the evenings.
  • irisheyes321
    irisheyes321 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on week one and I bought mine on ebay its second hand but in great condition :)
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 of it and absolutely love it. I have RA and a hirneated disc. It really helps me be more flexible as well as balanced. I it is a great program. I as well bought it during the launch so it was worth it. But the Shakeology I love as well. It balances out my day and helps me with not wanting junk food as much.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started it on Monday. I like it but find I can't keep up. I hope I get better at it!
  • Nabber13
    Nabber13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a copy but have only picked and chosen what I want to do on it. Does the first program on disc 1 tell you how to use it as a whole program (day by day, week by week)?
  • WorkoutWithLaurie
    WorkoutWithLaurie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo. I am a certified piyo instructor and I use the dvds too. I wear a heart rate monitor whenever i workout, at 150 pounds i burn 550 calories per hour.i think it absolutely replaces cardio. I also road ride bike and lift weights. My flexibility is better than it has ever been. Enjoy your PiYo!
  • WorkoutWithLaurie
    WorkoutWithLaurie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nabber13 wrote: »
    I have a copy but have only picked and chosen what I want to do on it. Does the first program on disc 1 tell you how to use it as a whole program (day by day, week by week)?

Just do a different one each day. When you buy the official program it comes with a 60 schedule. But just mix it up and you'll do fine