Going out tonight

Options
I asked this on my page, but I'm going to re-ask here because I'm relatively new to the social aspect of MFP and don't have too many pals yet. (Looking for more friends though!) I'm going to an event tonight at a Chipotle-type grill, and I'm a little nervous because I have been doing so well with staying on track. I've never been to this particular restaurant, but whenever I have eaten Chipotle before, my tendency is to eat enough calories for the entire week. What would you eat if you were going to this place? They have no nutritional info online and I have a hard time guesstimating calories/macros. I have no dietary restrictions, but hate shrimp. Here's the menu: http://www.bluestonegrill.net/uploads/4/1/9/0/41901513/bluestone-menu.pdf

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the chicken or steak bowl or salad. Go easy on the cheese, no sour cream and load up on some black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. That's what I do when I hit one of these places and walk away feeling full. Sometimes I even ask for double meat if I want the additional protein.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love Bluestone! I work in Monticello and go there now and then. For a healthier option go for a salad (best option) or a bowl (if you've gotta have that cilantro lime rice). I usually just do veggies which is plenty filling but sometimes I'll go for grilled chicken. To keep it healthyish I do black beans, pico de gallo, and lettuce. The items that will add calories really fast are the tortilla, rice, cheese, and sour cream so avoid those if you can! Good luck!
  • Csauskojus
    Csauskojus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the chicken or steak bowl or salad. Go easy on the cheese, no sour cream and load up on some black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and peppers. That's what I do when I hit one of these places and walk away feeling full. Sometimes I even ask for double meat if I want the additional protein.

Double meat is a great idea! I have never thought of doing that. My tendency is to under eat to make sure I don't go over, but then binge when I get home because all I ate was lettuce.
  • Csauskojus
    Csauskojus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    amw1919 wrote: »
    I love Bluestone! I work in Monticello and go there now and then. For a healthier option go for a salad (best option) or a bowl (if you've gotta have that cilantro lime rice). I usually just do veggies which is plenty filling but sometimes I'll go for grilled chicken. To keep it healthyish I do black beans, pico de gallo, and lettuce. The items that will add calories really fast are the tortilla, rice, cheese, and sour cream so avoid those if you can! Good luck!

So cool to "meet" someone on here that has been to this little place! It's nice to hear that they basically have the same-ish sides as chipotle, so I know what to expect. The hard part for me will be to not get ALL of the toppings + chips!
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So cool to "meet" someone on here that has been to this little place! It's nice to hear that they basically have the same-ish sides as chipotle, so I know what to expect. The hard part for me will be to not get ALL of the toppings + chips! [/quote]

I know! I struggle to resist the chips and guac. YUMMM