Deleting Foods from your database

Options
fredkjr
fredkjr Posts: 5 Member
I would like to delete foods from my database. Could someone tell me how to do this?

Replies

• rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ie: your recipes? Or when you search for foods to put in your diary.

If the latter, it's not your database, it's MFP's.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If it's Frequent foods: You have to delete every instance of it from your diary.

If it's foods you have entered yourself, and allowed other users to use it, or corrected from the database, you can't delete it from My foods. (Or you can, if someone else corrects your corrected item, it will disappear from your My Foods. Really intricate, this.)

Items you have created yourself and not shared with the community, you can delete from your My Foods, but you will still have to delete it from the diary to make it stop appearing in Frequent Foods, I think.

The lists can clog up real fast, it's a drag. And still, I love MFP.
  • fredkjr
    Options
    When Add Food is selected you get a list of every food you added whether it be Breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is no option to delete from this Add Food list. It continues to grow. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and my Add Food List for Dinner is over 2 pages of items. How can i delete them?? I see no delete option to get rid of those foods that were only a one time add and no longer needed. Any help would be appreciated.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    fredkjr wrote: »
    When Add Food is selected you get a list of every food you added whether it be Breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is no option to delete from this Add Food list. It continues to grow. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and my Add Food List for Dinner is over 2 pages of items. How can i delete them?? I see no delete option to get rid of those foods that were only a one time add and no longer needed. Any help would be appreciated.
    The default view for Add To Meal is the Recent list.
    The Recent list just displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. They will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items.
    The only way to have the Recent list not display those items is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items that you logged. But if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.
  • fredkjr
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to explain the issue. It confirms that there is no way to delete an item except through the food diary and that then deletes it from you calorie per day list.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    fredkjr wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to explain the issue. It confirms that there is no way to delete an item except through the food diary and that then deletes it from you calorie per day list.
    You are correct for the Recent list.
    Have you tried using the Frequent list? It will display a list of up to 25 of the most frequent items that were logged in a Meal or All Meals, depending on your display options. You can "delete" items from the Frequent list, actually deleting just hides them from the Frequent list - you can still retrieve them from your Deleted (Hidden) Frequent items.
    Also note that you can use the drop down arrow to choose a Meal (such as Breakfast) or All Meals to pull items from.
    To change your default display from Recent to Frequent (or other choices), navigate to FOOD > Settings > Default Add Food View.

xz8shq4a1nwi.jpg