2»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I learned myself to eat 5 times a day
    3 meals and 2 snacks.

So i am not hungry i have an appetite around the time i normally eat something.

Really hungry goes with feeling weak and could eat a horse right now..maybe tired etc. Growling stomach.

Well for me.
    So i ignore any appetite in the hours i dont normally eat. My simple thought behind this is that i am not going to die in the meantime if i wait till it is time to eat something.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I agree with basically what everybody has said! When you start, you will feel "hungry" all the time. It'll take a while to get used to a reduced calorie intake, so you just need to make sure and hit your calorie goals and drink plenty of water.

Once you are used to it, you will KNOW when you're hungry.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you hear your stomach growling, you're hungry. But that doesn't mean you have to eat.

So....don't do what your body wants to do? You do not get where you want to be by forcing your body into not eating when it wants to. That, I believe, is what people with anorexia do because they have self-hatred and feel they should suffer. That will only have a boomerang effect. The trick is to learn how your body will use the food, and learn what will satiate you for longer while still making your body operate efficiently. When you are hungry, you should eat, because when you force yourself not to eat, neurons cannot fire, you lose brain power, you get weak. When all that starts to happen, you have waited too long. You will never gain more by eating when you are hungry. Where people gain weight is eating when they are not hungry, and/or eating too much when they do eat.

Medical issues aside, the only way people gain weight (in the long term) is by eating more than they use. So instead of fighting hunger, embrace it, but just educate yourself on how to eat in a way that will benefit your body. That is where the challenge lies. I think that if anyone says "don't eat" when you are hungry, they don't have a clue.