MFP Recipe Feature

Options
debrakgoogins
debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
This may have been answered before but I can't seem to find an answer. Is there a way to search within our personal recipes or at least sort them somehow? My recipes are in order by the last time I used them, most recent first. It's time consuming to go through 10 pages to find the one I am making for dinner.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I do not use the mobile app for Recipes, so if you are using the mobile app, this may not directly apply to your question. I am just putting this out there as a tip that has helped me find my older recipes.
    On the Web version, the FOOD > Recipe > Your Recipe Box is sorted in reverse chronological order by most recently added/edited and displayed 10 per page. The Great Recipe Importer Disaster of October 2014 failed to include an option to sort Your Recipe Box (not to mention a frustrating lack of other features). MFP promises to fix the sorting options sometime in the future.
    In the meantime, this is my work around.
    On the Web version, open another browser tab or window and navigate to FOOD > Food Diary > Add Food > Recipes. Note that your recipes are listed in reverse chronological order by "Sort by: Default" and displayed 25 per page.
    Locate the recipe by name on these pages to narrow down your search. If you find your recipe toward the bottom of page 2 (displaying recipes 26 to 50), you can then go back to Your Recipe Box and start looking on page 4 or 5.
    It may only save me a couple of minutes, but it somewhat reduces my frustration level while I wait for the future display options MFP promises us.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cyber Tone. I only use my laptop to access recipes because I updated them prior to logging them (if I substitute or change ingredients). This helps somewhat but doesn't save much time.

I do like the new option of just typing in ingredients and it searches all of them for you at once. I find about half are correct and the other half require more research but it still takes less time than it did before to create a new recipe.